Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (635K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,994) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What nomads are out there traveling married and/or with a family?

by @danielgenser 9yr  | 37 comments

Iโ€™m curious to hear from the nomads out there who are traveling as a married couple (or long term committed couple, no matter). Many of the articles, guides, and tips one reads are understandably written from the single travelerโ€™s perspective (even if they are traveling in a group).

What nomads are out there traveling with a marriage mate and/or family?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@alexku 7yr

Hi! Weโ€™re Ukrainian family with two sons - 4 and 1.5 yo. We spent 5 months in 7 Asian countries last winter. This time weโ€™d like to do the same on another continent. Weโ€™re thinking about Latin America or Africa. We need a good kindergarten and beautiful safe place with good warm weather. Thatโ€™s why weโ€™re searching through all the topics on this website :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™m also late to the party. Weโ€™re a family of four (kids age 10 and almost 7), weโ€™ve been travelling/working with the kids since May this year. Itโ€™s not easy trying to work and school and see things with kids, but so worth it! Weโ€™re in the UK at the moment, about to head to Spain (yay, we can warm up a bit). Weโ€™ve been in Latvia, Estonia and Belgium before Scotland.

Hardest part is balancing our commitments (work and correspondence school) with sight seeing. We mainly work the week and check out the local areas on the weekends, with lots of playgrounds in between.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mule5 7yr

Where did you end up in Spain? We are in Murcia at the moment. :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi, Iโ€™m glad Iโ€™m not in Murica at the moment with the Cheeto running around signing weird proclamations. :slight_smile:

We are in Canet de Mar, 1hr north of Barcelona; we were in Seville before that.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mule5 8yr

Late to the party, but we are a family of 5 that travel together. We are heading back to Europe for 5+ months starting in mid December. Twin girls, soon to be 13 years old, a boy 8 years old. All schooling is online, so our only criteria is a strong internet connection. I work remotely as a web developer. We really arenโ€™t 100% nomadic as we have a home base, but we are seldom there. :frowning: Would love to setup another home base in Europe, looking at the depressed properties in Spain, maybe we will pull the trigger this time around. :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@patrickb 8yr

Hey David,

Thanks so much for the recommendation! Funnily enough, I was on your blog not long ago and left a comment (that Sarah replied to) mentioning that we would be heading to Koh Phangan soon, after not being there for 8 years. We plan to get there in September, so it might be a bit wet, but we will be hitting up that area for sure and looking for the day care.
Thanks!
Pat

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I love hearing about other travelers with kids! My husband and I just became nomads June 1st. He is a SAHD for our 9 month old daughter and we plan to stay in most places for 6-12 weeks so we have some stability for her while we wander. So far travel has been great for her, sheโ€™s really come our of her shy shell and is much more interactive/open with new people then she ever was at home. Weโ€™ve got good routines down for naps and such so she feels comfortable more quickly in new places and itโ€™s been working on the shorter trips weโ€™ve done - weโ€™re really hoping this trend keeps up :slight_smile:

Going forward weโ€™re also really curious about what other families do school wise. Weโ€™re a ways off from that but we plan to have number 2 in about a year and would like to continue our travels thereafter.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@namtrok 8yr

Jumping on this old thread as well. My wife and I with our 4 kids have been traveling for over 2 years. you can see more about our travels and crew at http://homealongtheway.com

But more importantly there is a Facebook group with 500 other traveling/location independent families. https://www.facebook.com/groups/LocationIndependentFamilies/ ITโ€™s so encouraging to see the other traveling families there and how they solve similar problems we run into.

And frankly I love learning from places like nomadforum but the conversation about where/how much/what to do etc changes when you have kids. For example we cannot baseline on $1,000 USD a month in SEA. Things are different when you have kids and itโ€™s encouraging to see how everyone is doing similar yet different things to solve problems like education or date nights etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@patrickb 8yr

We are currently travelling with our 2 year old. We are 1 month into our 8 month travels and so far the big challenge has been adjusting to life on the road without the usual routine.

I think the biggest difficulty is for our daughter and the lack of friends her age. We try to get her out to a local park most days, and do activities like swimming, but it has to be tough for her, having her world turned around.

We are in Chiang Mai until early August so if anyone is around and wants to gather for a play date / beers, feel free to send me a message!

Pat

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@davidkeys 8yr

Hey Pat, you should check out Koh Phangan (the north, not Haad Rin). Thereโ€™s a daycare there full of 2-4 year olds from Russia, Germany, USA, Thailand, etc. all having a blast and well cared after by a Hungarian, German, and Russian sitters. We had our boy (3yrs) enrolled for 2 months - $90/month for 9am-1pm care! Weโ€™re looking to go back in Dec to setup a home base. :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@davidkeys 8yr

The threads a bit old, but thought weโ€™d add our bit on here.

Weโ€™re an American nomad family; expats for 4 years and nomads for almost a year. We travel with our 3 year old son and blog about setting up a business on the road (http://nomadica.io), why we chose to go nomad and how the lifestyle suits our family. We blog at http://theluxpats.com.

Happy to jump on chat or jump on Skype for other families considering the leap. :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@neutron 8yr

Been together for 10 years, just had a baby girl - then left to see the world straight after. Now working online fully.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

My wife and I have been travelling with our two sons, 4 y.o. and 1.5 y.o., since the younger one turned 3 months old.

We are currently on a three month long journey, went from Warsaw (where we are based) to Tel-Aviv, then Sri Lanka, stayed there a few months, then Bangkok for 3 days, back to Sri Lanka, and now we are headed to Hong Kong, and then Berlin.

A lot of our thoughts were around location independent education. Currently, our older son is enlisted to a kindergarten in Warsaw, but in two years he will need to go to school. We started a project around that, please PM me if you are interested.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@borowiis 8yr

Traveling with a kid of 2. Now is the period we gonna look for kindergardens for him, because it starts to get lonely for him otherwise. Weโ€™ll think about school later : ) Generally, this means slower travel, not less than a month but I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s a problem for most people anyway. Looking forward to more resources that can help out nomads with kids, itโ€™s great to find blog links btw!!!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oriane 9yr

We get married in 2011, 1 week before we left Canada to became full-time nomads and we founded a company together. So we worked and travelled together for about 4 years now :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@tattle_jz 9yr

Itโ€™s great to see so many success stories with married couples, especially with the addition of children. I have been working in a large corporation for about 5 years now, and the corporate culture, 9-5 desk jockey thing has been slowly killing me, mentally and physically. Iโ€™m working on going #nomad, co-founding a start-up, but I think the bigger challenge is going to be finding something fulfilling for my wife, as she would have to give up her position as a teacher.

Has anyone here gone nomadic as a former teacher or with a spouse in the profession? If so, what did you transition to as your new career?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@shayna 9yr

I am a teacher, and I transitioned my teaching from offline to online - now itโ€™s my main business!

I teach English as a Second Language, but this is possible in many other areas. Hereโ€™s a successful online chemistry teacher, for example: http://mixergy.com/interviews/james-ashenhurst-master-organic-chemistry-interview/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is TEFL an option for you/her. She could still teach around the world, taking up 1 year contracts and you can move around with her. :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Been traveling/working with my wife for about a year-and-a-half now and we are having a blast!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Nayar,

There are lots of ways to fund it - some people just save up the cash before they leave, others pay off the house they live in asap, then rent it out and live off the rental income, others who havenโ€™t paid off their house yet will just re-finance it and pull out some equity and use THAT to fund their travels. For us, since we intend to do this indefinitely, we are playing around with earning money online to supplement the funds we have currently.

Because we travel slowly, fitting in work and sightseeing is doable. Our schedule so far this year was 1 month in Maui (budget buster!!!), 2 months in Bali, 19 days in Siem Reap (Cambodia), 3 months in Penang (Malaysia), 1 week in Singapore (visa run since only allowed 3 mo. at a time in Malaysia on a tourist visa), now in our 2nd 3 mo. stay in Penang, then will go back to Bali for 2 months etc. On the other hand, if we were hopping around from place to place every week or two, weโ€™d all be burnt out and exhausted. I was talking with another traveling family the other day and theyโ€™d actually had moments where they were like โ€œLetโ€™s just go home - Iโ€™m sick of this!โ€ - but they are traveling much faster than we are, and staying in 1-room accommodations mostly (thatโ€™s for a family of 4) - as any parent knows, cramming the entire family into a 1-room place for months would not be ideal. Whereas if you travel slowly, your budget can allow for more spacious accommodations - case in point, we are staying in a gorgeous fully furnished 1450 sq ft modern high-rise condo with swimming pool, playground, gym, and laundry service right now for $33 per night. They are paying the same price for a single room in a guest house. But thatโ€™s the best they can get if only staying a few days here. But since we signed a lease for 6 months, we were able to get something much more comfortable for our money.

Obviously if one only wants to travel for a year, then traveling slowly as we are would not necessarily be a desirable option since you wouldnโ€™t get a chance to see everything you want - but in our case, we are hell bent on doing this for years, so we donโ€™t feel rushed to pack in as much as possible into a short time frame, and can take the time to chill out in one place for a good long while before moving on.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™ll be travelling with my wife in a few weeks. Wish me luck!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Married for 2 years, traveling for 4, been together 7. Having a routine is definitely very important! We work on the same projects with each other so itโ€™s a bit like @marcusmeurer. Itโ€™s definitely best to work as a team as much as possible. Of course, this isnโ€™t always practical because skill sets might not complement each other well.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Not really traveling as a married couple but Iโ€™m traveling with a couple to help their with their baby. Weโ€™re traveling to make documentaries so I help with that too

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@diginomad 9yr

Me and my wife travel once a year for 3 to 7 months each time, working from wherever we are. The only reason we donโ€™t travel all year long is to avoid the boreal winters.
We both work on the same business, and that makes it a lot easier, since times are the same, we split the costs and the profits, we help each other, etc.

Solo travel is way, way harder after a while, and traveling with a non-working partner is also difficult, unless things are crystal clear from the get-go.

We work on digital and online-related stuff, as most of the nomads we know.

If I could recommend skills for this kind of life, they would be programming, photography, language-teaching, many web-related things and pretty much anything that can be done from a computer, specially if it is asynchronous (it gets hard to be online several times a week with people in different time zones).

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@nayar_ali 9yr

Wow, thats great @BellyBellyKelly. I have a 2 year old and i hope to do this one day too as i love traveling. However i am finding it hard at the moment on working out what skills i have that can be monetised to create an online income, one where i donโ€™t have to trade time for money. any suggestions on where to start?
Appreciated.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is web development a possibility?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@nayar_ali 9yr

Iโ€™ve been looking into that, but donโ€™t have a clue where to start? Any advice? Iโ€™m quite creative so want to move away from writing and doing something design based or video production based?
But with either one of these i will have to spend at least a year to learn the skills, as ill be doing from scratch.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Whatโ€™s your working background @nayar_ali?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hello!

On Sunday (Jan 18th), weโ€™re beginning our 12 month around the world journey with three of our four children (2, 10, 12). Who knows what will happen after the 12 months.

Iโ€™ve had a travel bug for a long time, and with an online business for 12 years, I always dreamed of doing it. Now I am! So excited :slight_smile:

The blog will be live soon, but I have Facebook and Twitter set up:

https://www.twitter.com/atwpluskids

Kelly

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

My wife, young son and I decided to travel/work abroad in Eastern Europe. We actually bought one-way tickets to do a 1 year adventure and then found out she was pregnant after buying the tickets. Our 2nd baby was born while we were in Romania and it has been a very rewarding experience.

The thing that I have not yet figured out is what to do when the children are of age to go to school. One idea is to enroll in a local school (wherever we are) and to settle down for a school year. Another option is to home school or to find an international school. Iโ€™m leaning more toward enrolling our oldest in the local school system for the experience and language learning.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Wow! What a big step. How old is your son? Sounds like 5 or 6 if heโ€™s just entering school age?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@will 9yr

My travel partner has been with me since 2010 - we were married in Taiwan in 2011.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

My long-term girlfriend @Feli and me are traveling and doing business together since more than 3 years.
We got different routines and to handle our private and business life.
I think the most important thing is to work like an emanzipated team and stay professional and focused in the business section.

One of the biggest challenges is to set up routines and structures that should be worked out together.
One of the biggest advantages being on the road together is to share your experiences in other countries and cultures and having a reliable business partner right next to you.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Been together nearly 10 years. On the road about two now. What are your questions?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Nothing specific โ€“ mainly just interested in reading about their experiences โ€“ blogs, articles, etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™m married, traveling indefinitely with my husband and our 2 kids. Best thing weโ€™ve ever done, and I wish more people realized how doable it is - having kids doesnโ€™t mean you canโ€™t do this!!! :slight_smile: We do have a blog about it: www.escapingexpectations.com

Itโ€™s certainly a busier life compared to the child-free nomad crowd, and itโ€™s impractical to travel from place to place too quickly - but itโ€™s a great life nonetheless. We generally stay in one place for several weeks or months before moving on - keeps everyone happier that way, less stressful.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Been traveling/working as a married couple for about a year-and-a-half now and we love it!

Establishing a set work schedule was definitely important for us. We both run our own businesses online and can get pretty tunnel-visioned with our own projects. By establishing a working routine that we both adhere to, weโ€™re able to get plenty done while still allowing ourselves time to hang out, go on dates, and have fun being married and on the road!

Plus, the work routines we have in place allow us some space from each other. Traveling with a spouse is amazing, but being with each other 24/7 can be exhausting. Having a routine/schedule allows time to detach from each other a bit.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in Arizona, US?

in Netherlands by @info132 3yr 3 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys,

After the Netherlands, the Bay Area, Colorado and being on the van life for 8 months, I am now in Sedona, AZ with a few other digital nomads. We are sharing a home here and are wondering if there are more like minded people in the area.

We do a bunch of hikes and campouts in the northern of Arizona. If you would like to connect with us, please do so :)

Val

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any digital nomads in the Islands e.g Bermuda, Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis?

in Antigua , Guatemala by @momo11 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Does anyone ever travel to any Islands like Bermuda, Barbados, Barbuda and St. Kitts & Nevis?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place in Portugal near cool nomads, good surf, and a great cowork spot

in Portugal by @joelnicholson 4yr 4 years ago  | 9 comments

Hi there, title says it all. Canadian nomad hoping to find the city/town in Portugal with great, consistent surfing, a solid coworking spot, and a fun group of young nomads. Please recommend!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Tax advisor for permanent nomads?

by @eljaques 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

I'm in need of a tax advisor who understands "our" typical situation. I'm all good on being legal on taxes at this point, but as I'm doing more investing and there's more compliance and KYC and such, it's getting more complicated to deal with this topic. Not living in my country of citizenship, company in another country, resident in yet another country, banking in a different country ... you know how it is, a pile of red flags.

Would be great to find a good tax advisor to sort things in a way that makes my situation as "explainable" and easily dealt with as possible. Any leads?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best online insurance for digital nomads ?

by @berberos 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys ! hope you are doing well.

I would love to get your feedback regarding the best insurance for digital nomads. i'm traveling around Asia since 1 year and for next 4 or 5 years. Would love to buy an insurance to cover especially :

- health

- laptop, phone ...

- Flights

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to get SMS verifications for banks while traveling?

by @jackgopack 4yr 4 years ago  | 38 comments

Any suggestions for seamlessly receiving SMS Verifications from US financial institutions and other sites while traveling internationally continuously? Wonโ€™t keep my US Verizon account due to cost and currently plan to use local sims at each destination (T-Mobile and Project Fi are NOT an option as they terminate for continuous roaming). In summation, I wonโ€™t have a US mobile account.

Unless Iโ€™m missing something, which is very possible, this appears to be the single most complex issue Iโ€™ve encountered in my preparations, and one that no one addresses. I would greatly appreciate any possible solution that works 100% of the time. Canโ€™t afford surprises in this regard. Many Thanks! Jack.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best SIM card you can get for traveling to Spain?

in Spain by @gabygarreau 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi! I want to relocate to Spain and I was wondering if someone can recommend a SIM card with a good data package.

Thanks

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads working on startups?

by @mattlock 4yr 4 years ago  | 33 comments

Hoping to see all the cool stuff people are working on while they live an extraordinary life.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does international health insurance for digital nomads exist?

by @al_steffen 4yr 4 years ago  | 59 comments

Hey Nomads!

Iโ€™m looking for an international health insurance (no travel insurance) for my nomadic life. It should cover the basic services and at least be accepted in the EU (itโ€™s ok if itโ€™s not accepted in the US as Iโ€™m aware they rarely are). Nice to have: enter into a contract online. Anyone got a good experience or a recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do digital nomads pay tax?

by @rodriigovieira 4yr 4 years ago  | 19 comments

Hello everyone! Iโ€™m new here and probably this is a very newbie question, but it doesnโ€™t leave my head.

How do you, nomads, pay your taxes? I mean, if youโ€™re constantly traveling, how are you going to pay taxes for a certain country if you are going to stay there a short period of time?
Or do you return to your โ€œoriginal countryโ€ and then pay them?

By the way, this forum has very nice cool formatting features! :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone know an accountant for Canadian nomads/expats?

by @noam_lightstone 4yr 4 years ago  | 16 comments

Hey guys, this was my first year as a Canadian nomad.

As far as I know of, Canadians donโ€™t pay taxes if they do not live in the country for 6 months.

But Iโ€™d like to talk to an accountant or someone who does Canadian taxes specifically for expats and nomads to get clear on the rules and for help on my return coming up.

Does anyone know someone who specializes in Canada who can help? Iโ€™ve seen plenty of US recommendations but none for us canucks.

Thanks guys!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where are the nomads in Mexico City?

in Mexico City , Mexico by @shellyfish 4yr 4 years ago  | 9 comments

I just landed as a n00b digital nomad in Mexico City, and I am wonderingโ€ฆ Where are all the international digital nomads hiding around here? I have been to several coworking spaces (Selina etc.) only to find A LOT of local Mexican workers and businesses. Donโ€™t get me wrong, that is all fine, but I was hoping to meet some international nomads! Any advice?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do we solve housing for digital nomads?

by @levelsio 4yr 4 years ago  | 61 comments

Thereโ€™s been a lot of discussion on this recently.

Nomads usually stay in hostels, hotels and short-term apartments. But itโ€™s all not very optimal.

Iโ€™ve heard people suggest getting funding and building a network of houses you can stay at for a subscription price (e.g. Bruno Haid is working on that).

I donโ€™t want do physical stuff, so Iโ€™m thinking of building a platform around making housing better for nomads.

What are the housing problems nomads face? And how can we solve them with products/services?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

App/tool/service for nomads to bring things from another country?

by @brmolin 5yr 5 years ago  | 4 comments

I vaguely remember hearing about such a service before, but Iโ€™m drawing a blank on the name. Basically I left my tablet on a connecting flight in Europe, right before my main flight to Thailand. They have my tablet and are willing to ship it out for me, but people have warned me thereโ€™s a big risk of it getting โ€œlost in the mailโ€ if I ship something expensive like that to Thailand.

Iโ€™m wondering if thereโ€™s a service or community, where I can find a nomad whoโ€™s in Europe/heading to Thailand soon, so I can have it shipped to them in Europe and pay them to ferry it down here for me? I met someone in Budapest a ways back who had built something for this type of use-case, but I canโ€™t remember the name of it. Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any nomads from India?

in India by @ankitdas123 5yr 5 years ago  | 56 comments

I have seen a lot of posts from different people across the world, but not even a single post from someone in India, who has been a nomad, either living within the country or traveling to another one.

Would definitely love to hear stories from such people. We are a couple traveling as social nomads who are trying to bridge the gap between the rural and urban societies in India. We have started out very humble and do not have much resources, so looking out for help from the community.

Ankit & Rishika
Around Love and Life

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Sicily for digital nomads?

by @gaelm 5yr 5 years ago  | 15 comments

Hi all, I was looking for a cool spot in Southern Europe for winter and Iโ€™m considering Sicilyโ€ฆ Have you ever been there? If yes, how was your experience? If not, why?
thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Bari, Italy for digital nomads?

in Bari , Italy by @mitch_dina 5yr 5 years ago  | 7 comments

Greetings!
Does anyone have experience in Bari, Italy please? We are thinking of going from Dubrovnik, Croatia to Bari by boat in mid-March. Has anyone taken a boat across? Is it nice or can it be choppy? (We are trying to avoid planes, to reduce our carbon footprint, so adding more surface travel.) Also, any info you might be able to offer about Bari and the surrounds? Next step will likely be trains up Italy as the Spring progresses.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is your ergonomic set-up while traveling?

by @caseyr 5yr 5 years ago  | 18 comments

What is your ergonomic set-up while traveling?

I personally have an external keyboard, and am currently exploring getting a laptop stand, some lumbar support, and a trackball-mouse.

What do you use? How are you balancing health / portability?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Mauritius for digital nomads?

in Mauritius by @wakkos 5yr 5 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello all,

Iโ€™m planning on spending a couple of month in Mauritius Island and even when Iโ€™ve been there for a week, never rented or worked there.

Does anyone here has tips or experience to share about Mauritius?

Cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best way to connect with "local" nomads using Nomadlist?

by @migueltic 5yr 5 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi, Iโ€™ve seen that Nomad List offers different options that could work for connecting with other nomads that are in the same place as me (forum, Slack, user maps, matches and maybe even more options I havenโ€™t seen), but Iโ€™m not sure what is the best/recommended way to use all these options.

Should I use all of them? Start with a message in the forum and/or Slack?

Sending private messages to a lot of people feels a little bit โ€œaggressiveโ€. And matches are not based on current location if I understood it correctly.

By the way, I just arrived at Budapest :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
442ms