Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (625K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,924) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the hourly rate you'd expect for content creation?

by @florentin 8yr  | 5 comments

Hey guys. Starting to offer content creation services online.
What is the hourly rate I should expect?
Iโ€™ve seen developers talk about 5-6$ per hour. Should I expect less?
Any differences between US and Europe?
Any tip would really helpโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

To me, domain expertise, grammar, and style are the 3 pillars to base pay. I am pretty certain that at $5-6 per hour, I will need an editor for grammar, fact-checking, and tone. Topics will be basic.

For $5-15, I presume I can get grammatically correct content on basic topics.

Above $15 and up, you have smart college students, all the way up to domain experts producing good, technical work.

Hereโ€™s what Iโ€™ve done in the past when I had employed a research team for my own business for nutrition content: I paid them $.10 cents per word, all inclusive = Research, writing, and revisions. They were US based, because slang and cultural references are important to me in content that was targeted at a US audience.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@genevieve 8yr

Hi Tal,
What kind of content creation services? Content writing, videos, something else?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@florentin 8yr

Summarizing articles about digital stuff. Marketing and tech.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@genevieve 8yr

I would say much, much higher than $5-$6 per hour. How much higher would depend on your experience and the market for what youโ€™re doing. I do content marketing online and usually charge between USD$25-$30, which is really low for the work I do. Have you had a look at UpWork and seen what other people are charging?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@florentin 8yr

Thanks for that! UpWork is tricky. There are people from all over the globe there,
and the experience plays an important factor. So itโ€™s hard to say. Since Iโ€™m not creating the content, and just summarizing it, I think 20-25$ hourly would be a lot.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best place to incorporate an online business?

by @octave 5yr 5 years ago  | 63 comments

I have an commerce website. We get around 1000 orders per month and this is going to get quite a bit bigger in next few years.

I am British. I live in Thailand.
Im not allowed to majority own a Thai business and small foreign entrepreneurs are not really welcome. So i need an offshore company.

I need PayPal and an ecommerce internet merchant account. Also looking at alternatives like worldpay. 2checkout etc

Does PayPal need me to be a resident to the country i register my account to? Are there complications being a non resident to get other payment solutions?

Apparently in Hong Kong you need 2 years trading history to get an Internet Mechant Account and they generally turn their noses up at those with less than $1m(us) a year turn over. Singapore seems a bit easier.

I really want to avoid paperwork and book keeping. I hate it.

So i was looking at Seychelles, Panama, BVI, Belize.

Does anyone have experience with payment providers in these countries?

Most nomads i see donโ€™t really have a high volume of small monthly transactions which i do. Im going around in circles and donโ€™t know where to start.

Ill also need a bank account for business and a personal bank account to pay my salary into

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Affordable way to incorporate in Singapore?

in Singapore by @pras_k 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Is there an affordable way to incorporate in Singapore?

I asked an agency and they charge around SG$11000 for the whole package.
Iโ€™d like to find a cheaper option since Iโ€™m just starting out.
Any recommendations?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you have a strategy for finding what to do in the city?

by @ifdattic 6yr 6 years ago  | 12 comments

Anyone want to share their strategy/tips for finding out what to do when you arrive at new location, and/or finding about ongoing events (for example when staying for longer term)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place to incorporate in Hong Kong

in Hong Kong by @sohantanna 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Anyone have any suggestions for great incorporation companies who have full services?

Iโ€™m looking for a company who can handle accounting, incorporating and book keeping (online) for Hong Kong.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best location to incorporate an online business?

by @dmftaras 8yr 8 years ago  | 14 comments

Hey nomads,

Iโ€™m looking for the best location to incorporate my online business (offshore programming and so on).

The main requirements:

• Low cost incorporation/yearly fee
  • Preferred with no audits (or other kind of paperwork)
  • With no local office/secretary/director needed
  • With low or 0% taxes
  • Easy to get paid from US/EU
  • Easy to send payments worldwide ( I can use Transferwise/Stripe or something like that, i donโ€™t care )
  • With corporate credit/debit cards

Iโ€™m only one owner of the company (not EU/US resident).
Iโ€™ve checked jurisdictions like BVI/Belize/Nevis and iโ€™m interested in it. It would be appreciated if you could give me some kind of advice, if you have experience with one of these jurisdictions.

My budget for incorporation < $1500

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where should I incorporate my business as a digital nomad?

by @ajsnewman 8yr 8 years ago  | 5 comments

Which is your favourite country in the world to incorporate and why?

I have a product that I plan to retail in the EU, Japan, the USA, Canada and New Zealand. Where should I incorporate?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Incorporate in Hong Kong, name that cheques get made out to

in Hong Kong by @ktran03 8yr 8 years ago  | 3 comments

I currently have a log of cheques form clients written to my name.

Iโ€™m not yet setup as a corporation in Hong Kong, but am thinking about doing so. Will I be able to deposit these cheques from my name into my business bank account?

Also, I wish to continue to receive cheques to my name. Will I be able to deposit them into my business based in Hong Kong?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to optimize corporate taxation as a digital nomad company?

by @digital 8yr 8 years ago  | 24 comments

Hi guys :smiley:

I manage a French limited company. My business partner and I are digital nomads. The company pays all companyโ€™s expenditures and we pay ourselves for our plane tickets, accommodations, and so on. We would save a lot of money if the company could pay for some of our expenditures but we need to justify that these expenditures are for-business only. Have you ever have this experience?

More broadly, how can we optimize our corporate taxation as digital nomad companies?

One of my thoughts is to consider ourselves as expatriates. Therefore, the company should pay some of our expenses such as travel, accommodation, or school for children. It will be great for the company because it will decrease its profits (i.e. its taxation). But, how to justify setting up a expat contract?

If you have any advice for us and other digital nomad companies, please share :smile:

D.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the situation with exchange rate on ATM's in Argentina after lifting peso regulations?

in Argentina by @janjiss 8yr 8 years ago  | 5 comments

Hello folks,
I wanted to know what is the situation with exchange rate in Argentina after deregulation? Has taking out money from ATM became reasonable?
I am considering Cordoba as one of the next locations to work from, but I do not want to deal with the shady black exchange markets.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Help me to come up with a better strategy to choose where to go next

by @nunoarruda 8yr 8 years ago  | 9 comments

Iโ€™m a digital nomad with a goal of visiting as many different cities as possible.

I travel each month to a different city (with good weather) in a different country and I never repeat the same country in the same year for diversity (except when visiting home).

I choose where to go next by pinpointing the top cities from the nomadlist.com (which is constantly updated according to the weather, if Iโ€™m not mistaken) in a personal Google Map, I then see whatโ€™s the nearest country according to my current location and I plan everything 1 or 2 months ahead.

In December I always go home (Portugal) to spend time with my family and then in January I start all again.

Sometimes in order to get to the โ€œnearestโ€ pinpointed country I have to take 2/3 flights which can be expensive and time consuming. This is when I think I might not be making the best move.

Do you guys have any advice that might improve my strategy?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Need to incorporate and pay myself dividend income. Where is good option?

by @kittytana 8yr 8 years ago  | 6 comments

Hello, Iโ€™ve been earning online for the past 2 years and had no need to incorporate. But now Iโ€™m applying for a citizenship and one of the requirements is that I own a business that pays myself a dividend income. I make money in USD and get paid through a personal US bank account. Iโ€™m NOT a US citizen or resident. Been living as a tourist in many places for 2 years. Iโ€™m looking at Belize and Panama but not sure what it might entail? In terms of money logistics, Iโ€™m not understanding how that would work? Anyone has experience in this?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best US state to incorporate?

by @fuzzybabybunny 8yr 8 years ago  | 9 comments

Iโ€™m getting sick of being a CA business because too many things need to be physically mailed in. My customers are all located in the Bay Area in California, but I want to incorporate in a state with low tax liability plus the ability to manage EVERYTHING online, such as business licensing, etc. Anyone got any tips?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I immigrate to Paraguay?

in Paraguay by @nathantech2005 8yr 8 years ago  | 14 comments

How do I start the immigration process to Paraguay? Do I just need to fly there and apply?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does your freelance rate fluctuate per location?

by @jasonmwomack 8yr 8 years ago  | 3 comments

I am a web developer and content writer. As of right now , I reside in Atlanta, Georgia . My plan is to move abroad soon. At this point , I am not sure where to set up my home base . Anyways , my real question is about rates. How do web developers decide the most suitable charging rate ? Letโ€™s say a client is in need of a full website and e-commerce platform. That client resides in Paris , but another client in a low income country wants the same service. Does your charging rate depend on the clientโ€™s location ? That was a hypothetical situation. I am a new to this stuff! I do not have any clients yet .

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's a normal rate for accomodation in Manila?

in Manila , Philippines by @acdc 8yr 8 years ago  | 4 comments

Coming here for business for 1st-30th June. Accommodation seems very expensive even a way out of the city, around $700 USD for anything remotely decent. Two bedroom (ideal, meeting someone) is around $1200 USDโ€ฆ almost more than you can get on Air BnB in Australia for something thatโ€™s way out in the burbs & low quality.

Any ideas or is this normal rate? Hardly the super cheap haven Iโ€™ve read about :frowning:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

In everyone else's experience, do others rate working remotely as highly as we do?

by @munly_leong 9yr 9 years ago  | 7 comments

I got inspired when someone else mentioned that nomads/100% remoters are kind of niche and even hard to find vs the norm. Is this really the case in other peopleโ€™s experience?

I know most would jump at the chance if it was offered, at the same time for most people I know it would be a first for them and many I know would struggle with the self mgmt/productivity aspect but given time most would probably be onboarded successfully.

What I described as my ideal, speaking to another startupper a few months ago she described it as her hell. She would not want to be isolated and wants to see her team every day and hang out with them.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you want to join my working retreat in pirate village Rom Pho, Thailand?

in Thailand by @skatkov 9yr 9 years ago  | 16 comments

Iโ€™m inviting all the digital nomads on a mini get together in a not so distant gate away in Thailand. Space comfortable for work and for personal life, which will help you get perfect balance :slight_smile:

Limited special offer for digital nomads :slight_smile: Would be happy to hear from everyone. Art projects, startups, events, small conferences are most welcomed :slight_smile:

For details look www.workingretreat.com

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is a fair hourly rate for a junior remote developer?

by @sungwoncho 9yr 9 years ago  | 16 comments

I am a junior level web developer with 1 yr experience. At the moment, I have some options to work remotely for agencies, and need to negotiate hourly rate.

Having never worked remotely before, I want to know how much the standard rate is for juniors. I am a full-stack developer using either Rails or Meteor.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Corporate bank account opened in HK - where to open a personal bank account?

by @romandz 9yr 9 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi there,

Me and my 2 partners have opened a HK company and a corporate bank account at HSBC in HK.

We are wondering where is the best place to open personal bank accounts to pay ourselves dividends / salaries. Is HSBC in HK a good idea or shall we rather open personal bank accounts in other juridictions than HK?

Thanks a lot for your help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best visa strategy for US citizen staying in Bali for 5-6 months?

by @nihilista 9yr 9 years ago  | 4 comments

From what Iโ€™ve researched I can get a Visa on arrival and then extend that by another 60 days. (Is it around $60-70 for the original plus extension?)

But what about if I would like to plan for staying longer - should I get the 60 day visa that I can extend for 120 days?

Also, what is the process for extending the Visa? Do I need to leave the country to do so? In the first scenario, with the 30 day VOA and addโ€™l 30 day extension, is it possible to stay longer by leaving and then coming back? Is there a limit for how many days one needs to leave the country and how many times this process can be repeated in any given time period (i.e. a year)?

Thanks very much for any help / advice / information!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
624ms