Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (647K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=6,011) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

June 2017: Prague or Budapest?

in Prague , Czechia by @joshua 7yr  | 5 comments

Hi guys!

Iโ€™m currently in Vietnam, then heading back to Portland, Oregon for a couple months.

Itโ€™s been awhile since Iโ€™ve been to Europe, and Iโ€™ve never been to Eastern Europe.

For those who have spent time in both Prague and Budapest, is there a city you prefer over the other? I realize theyโ€™re relatively close, and I can always take weekend trips to the city that I donโ€™t choose to stay in.

Thinking I will be there for at least a month. Will be working, but Iโ€™ll also take some time off. Prefer walkability. Decent internet.

Any input or opinions on this would be great! Thanks.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

My wife prefers prague even though itโ€™s super touristy. Itโ€™s small and easy to walk everywhere. Feels safe and magical. Budapest has amazing architecture but itโ€™s more spread out, feels like a much bigger city, need to take buses or taxis around. Pricewise theyโ€™re about the same if you avoid the tourist stuff. Iโ€™d probably also vote for Prague, thereโ€™s some great old coffeeshops for working, a bigger digital nomad scene. Though the others have a point - summer is the worst time for tourists, so prague might get a little unbearable.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™ve been to both. Budapest has a young college party atmosphere if you are looking for it and is more off the beaten path, but that wonโ€™t be true for much longer. I was absolutely taken away by the architecture of Prague, the public parks and beer gardens, and the sights. I really want to go back to Prague, much more so than Budapest.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@lucha54 7yr

I want to say Prague because I want to keep Budapest all for myself, but that would be doing you a huge disservice. GO TO BUDAPEST. Prague sucks a big one now, overcrowded, overpriced, not that nice. Go for a weekend to do the tourist stuff. Budapest is THE PLACE you need to be.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@joshua 7yr

Thank you! I think I will stay in Budapest and book a weekend in Prague :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Me and a friend are headed to Budapest for June and July. Iโ€™ve never been to Prague before, but I think itโ€™s considerably more touristy than Budapest. Budapest has more recently become somewhat of a hub for DNs in Europe, and I think there would be more chance of finding a good community there than Prague. Also, Iโ€™m English and the English are pretty well hated in Prague I believe for our terrible behaviour on stag/hen weekends that often take place there!

Thereโ€™s a DN guide to Budapest available on Kindle which Iโ€™ve read and would recommend.

With whatever you choose - I would recommend booking accommodation sooner rather than later as everything will get booked up very fast in summer. We just booked our apartment for 2 months in Budapest as everyday I was looking I was finding less and less available, and with some increasing dramatically with the summer demand.

We booked out accommodation in Budapest via Airbnb, worked out about 700 euros a month for a 2 bed apartment in the city centre. Supposedly Airbnb is your best bet because landlords tend not to like short lets in Budapest and often want 2 months rent as security deposit.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What features would you like to see on Nomad List?

by @levelsio 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi everyone,

I would love to hear what you'd like me to build next on Nomad List, or any other product/feature feedback ideas you have.

It's been 6+ years now but I'm in this for the long term and with the boost remote work got last year it's even more exciting to work on Nomad List than ever.

Current roadmap is here: twitter.com/levelsio/status/1363204985488572417?s=20 and pbs.twimg.com/media/EusS9PKXEAUR8xp?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

The next products/features I have planned:

- ๐Ÿ›‚ Rebase: visa, residency and immigration services for remote workers

- ๐ŸŽ“Courses: learn the steps how to go remote and travel/relocate

- ๐Ÿ› Gov liaison: diplomacy services to the governments to help us lobby for nomads and for them to attract remote workers

Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?)

by @orangutan3 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

What are the best places right now in the Caribbean/LatAM? (Also cheapest flights/accommodation?) Asking from the US.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

List of Visa/Residency Information in Table/Spreadsheet format?

by @innovatelife 3yr 3 years ago  | 2 comments

As part of signing up for this website I was hoping I would come across a list of Visa and/or Residency requirements by country ideally in a table format to assist with decision making. Does anybody recommend any other websites that might present the information in this format (or Google Spreadsheet)?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Most Walkable Neighborhood / City In The World ?

by @dannybooboo 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

I love living in walkable areas of town. I can always find them. But now I'm wondering where in the world are the most walkable places? I'm imagining walk streets (no cars), zoning allowing both business and residential, parks or beaches ,etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in Arizona, US?

in Netherlands by @info132 3yr 3 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys,

After the Netherlands, the Bay Area, Colorado and being on the van life for 8 months, I am now in Sedona, AZ with a few other digital nomads. We are sharing a home here and are wondering if there are more like minded people in the area.

We do a bunch of hikes and campouts in the northern of Arizona. If you would like to connect with us, please do so :)

Val

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

International number & internet?

by @leobassam 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone figured out a way to get setup with a virtual number and internet connection anywhere you go?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of?

in Germany by @clara 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everybody. I live and work in Germany and want to go to Canary Islands for 6 months to work from there. I'm going to keep my current job, just change the "home" in the home office part of things. Are there any tax issues I have to be aware of? I was reading about becoming a residence after 183 days, thus having to pay taxes there plus my employer having to register there. Does anybody know how it works exactly? Thanks a lot!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Chiang Mai accommodation

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @bertieb 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

Can anyone recommend a good accommodation website for Chiang Mai?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is anyone travelling right now?

by @viktor 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Winter is coming and Iโ€™m feeling the ache of travelling after being stuck in the same place since the Pandemic started. Wondering if anyone is travelling right now? If so, where are you currently located and how is the situation where you are?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Warm and dry place - June to November

by @nomadsince2010 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

I have been doing Southeast Asia during June to November for 11 years. Rainy, Typhoons - is wild - still warm but ya - getting older so not as into that. Where can go is warm and dry - not super hot like Vegas but warm and has to be DRY. Good Internet and affordable. Ty

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best way to find a basic room/flat in Prague?

in Prague , Czechia by @mappleton 5yr 5 years ago  | 16 comments

Have been stalking craigslist for weeks. Quite a few properties posted. But after sending 20 inquiries have 0 replies. Beginning to wonder if itโ€™s a city that requires on-the-ground apartment hunting. Can anyone whoโ€™s been through Prague before clue me in?

Will be there from April 10th until July. Need a basic, short-term, central room rental. Nothing fancy. Will be working from a co-working space. Under 9000 CZK seems reasonable from what Iโ€™ve seen.

P.S. If anyone else is Prague-bound this summer and room hunting, leave a note! Definitely up for sharing a place with other nomads. Or just hanging out / having co-working sessions.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Which countries should I live in from june to december?

by @alexandersupertramp 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hi everyone, :wave:

I want to live abroad from June to December 2019 as a digital nomad.

As I live near Paris the plan is to run away from this high cost of living, crazy stressful life and to live in places of good quality of life.

I think it will be nice to live in a few countries (going twice to the same country is ok for me).

I am already looking for places to go on the website but if I can have some feedback from those who already have a good experience in traveling I would be happy :slight_smile:

I think countries in Asia such as Indonesia (I went to Java and Bali last year for a whole month), Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines would be great.

Which places that would suit my needs do you suggest me ?

My criteria are :
-low cost of living : I was self-employed but now I am creating my own online business so during the creation process until I can have a minimum viable product, I wonโ€™t have any income and will live on my savings.
-safe place : Even if there are beautiful and not expensive countries in Central and South America, unfortunately it doesnโ€™t seem to be safe at all. I donโ€™t want to be a victim of extorsion, kidnapping, assault, terrorism, piracy, etc. I know there is no such place on earth but some areas are more risky than others.
-places suitable for work : cafรฉs with wireless internet, coworking spaces. No need for optical fiber, an internet connection that is good enough to load regular websites is fine.
-not a big city : I am not a city person so it would be a pain for me to live in capitals or other big cities. I think Ubud is the maximum for me as far as cars, buildings, amount of concrete are concerned (I went there last April and I appreciated it because people are friendly, there is no huge concrete towers, some quiet and soothing places to chill). People may not be a problem as long as I donโ€™t feel stifling.
-good quality of live : quite peaceful (far from poisonous stress of modern occidental countries), nice landscapes (In France I live near an airport and a power station with fields of transmission towers so I need mountains/seas/forests, in short, nature), not over polluted.
-Even if I will not be there for vacation, I want to be able to get away from my screen in order to discover the country a little (especially hiking in nature and some visiting some cultural places) and have a social life so I donโ€™t want to be isolated and lonely in a place where I would struggle finding a grocery store, a restaurant, a bar, a gym, a diving center, etc. and meet no one. However, I just want to live a simple life so I donโ€™t care about crazy night lifestyle like in really touristic cities, I donโ€™t care if there is not a night club/bar/restaurant in every street corner and I donโ€™t need a place with thousands of things to do.
-vegan-friendly

Do such heavens exist ?

Thank you for your help

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What do you think about Prague as a nomad spot?

in Prague , Czechia by @matousvins 8yr 8 years ago  | 4 comments

Prague ranks very high on nomadlist, but I havenโ€™t met many nomads who spent some time there. Iโ€™m working on some pieces for Czech press and Iโ€™d like to include some of your thoughts. Can you help me a bit? Why did you chose the city? Did you like living and working in Prague? Why? What do you think would help you to enjoy it more? Were there some major problems? What was your favourite spot to work from? Did you meet some other nomads?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Other places like Ubud, Chiang Mai, Vienna, Prague...?

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @rich 8yr 8 years ago  | 10 comments

Hi,
weโ€™re having trouble deciding where to go in the fall (September, October, November) or over the winter for that matter. We loved Chiang Mai, Ubud, Vienna, Prague, Lisbon and weโ€™re looking for a similar place to stay for 1-2 months. Weโ€™ll be in Germany and have a car. We wanted to go to Italy, but weโ€™re not getting excited about any place in particular - or we just donโ€™t know where to go. Any ideas?

What do we like? Pleasant weather, open minded people (whose eyes donโ€™t fall out when they see a black girl), healthy food (in restaurants and supermarkets) with vegetarian options, a chill vibe. Nice rentals (we use Airbnb a lot). A nice compromise between nature and not feeling like youโ€™re in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and no bugs or mosquitos please (they love us, but our bodies hate them. We get huge welts that stay for weeks).

Thanks!
Rich & Chinny

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find emergency decent shortish term housing in Prague?

in Prague , Czechia by @kathrynoh 9yr 9 years ago  | 0 comments

I booked a place in Prague for a month but, 10 days in, Iโ€™ve had to get out of there. The ownerโ€™s wife abused me for the second time today so Iโ€™ve booked into a hotel.

I am a bit reluctant to use Airbnb to find another place because this one had glowing reviews! I really need something in the next day or two for 2 or 2 1/2 weeks. If anyone knows of anywhere or even has Airbnb recommendations, Iโ€™d be grateful. I would be looking at under $50 a night ideally.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone looking to buddy up on a transatlantic cruise from Europe to the US (Westbound) in May or June?

by @archagon 9yr 9 years ago  | 3 comments

Hey guys! Iโ€™m not sure if these kinds of posts are allowed here, but I couldnโ€™t find anything in the guidelines against them, so here goes:

Iโ€™m a 26-year-old (male) Californian and software developer whoโ€™s been traveling all over Europe for the past year. I also happen to really hate flying. On the way here, I took a boat; it was the off-season for cruises, so I managed to snag a really cheap ticket for a single cabin. Now itโ€™s getting time to go home, and I want to take a boat back. Unfortunately, the prices are quite a bit higher this time of year, meaning I canโ€™t just swallow up the single supplement as before, so I was wondering if anybody else had plans to head in that direction in May or June. Looking at the current Cunard prices, it would come to $800/person (plus taxes and gratuities) in a double inside cabin. Sure, it ainโ€™t cheaper than flying, but you get to relax for a few days, contemplate the journey, and get fat from all the free food. Bonus points if youโ€™re self-employed, since itโ€™s basically an excuse to work on your projects away from all distraction for a whole week!

Anyone interested?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any Nomad's want to live in Austin; April, May or June?

in Austin , United States by @nomadicpad 9yr 9 years ago  | 0 comments

Have been working hard to do my part to solve this nomad housing problem and finally launched Nomad Pad! They say sometimes a drop in bucket can lead to an ocean, so letโ€™s see where this goes. I was able to convince an Airbnb homeowner to unlist her property and dedicate it to the project for the months of April, May and June! There is currently 2 room booked for all of April, from a web worker from San Fransisco & Grayson, meaning there are 2 more beds to claim. We would need an online commitment to stay, and could collect the payment through Stripe 2 weeks prior to stay, but without further ado, The Austin Pad!

Located at South Second and Mary street (https://goo.gl/maps/ntVdN), literally a 5 minute walk to South Congress, a really special part of Austin. Nice big table for coworking, wifi, fully furnished, in unit washer/dry, all utilities included. Itโ€™s a 3 bedroom, 4 bed, with 2 bathrooms. Elijah Wood is our neighbor and weโ€™re working to throw events with Capital Factory (two great locate cowork spaces/incubators) in the garage haha.

Monthly rent: $1,000 (private)
Weekly rent: $400

My goal with Nomad Pad is to create the most comfortable, fun and helpful environment possible. Iโ€™ve been a nomad for 6 years, and know what little things can help when moving to a new city. I want the focus to be on personal growth, becoming stronger business owners and really connecting with the nomads of the house! If we get Austin right, itโ€™s a step towards creating a global network of hotel/hostel/houses that serve the nomad community with flexible short-term booking, concierge services and a great community behind it!

Support at NomadPad.org, and stay up with the adventures at instagram.com/nomadpadhq, facebook.com/nomadpadhq and twitter.com/nomadpadhq.

The goal is to get one Pad right, and then grow as the community dictates.

Excited to see you guys in Austin!!

Brandon

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
463ms