Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (625K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,924) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term apartment in Lisbon?

in Lisbon , Portugal by @jenny_ 8yr  | 10 comments

Hi everyone,

we plan to work from Lisbon from mid of April to mid of June this year and were wondering if anyone knows how to find a short-term apartment. AirBnB does not really offer much under 1000 Euro, which seems a bit high to us.

We are looking for a 1-bedroom apartment close to the city centre - budget: max 800 Euro. Can someone help?

Thanks! Jenny & Sebastian

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Jenny,

Did you find something? Are you here in Lisbon now?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jenny_ 7yr

Hi,
Yes! We found something on airbnb (way too expensive though) and stayed there for one month in May last year. Actually it was pretty hard to find something appropriate and we ended up paying 1000 Euro for the month.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@timhc22 8yr

1000?? I stayed there for a month (in the centre) in july last year for about 316 (using airbnb).
Did you set the filters correctly? Also maybe try zooming in on the map, because sometimes it doesnโ€™t show places until you do!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jenny_ 8yr

Did you stay in a private room or did you have your own apartment? We would like to have our own apartment from which we can work from most of the time, too.

Iโ€™ll have another look at airbnb and the websites Tiagor suggested, but last time I checked the cheapest option cost something around 800 Euro/month. Hope weโ€™ll find something cheaper, soon.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@kristin 8yr

I would definitely recommend Uniplaces, they should have something thatโ€™s easily in your budget. :slight_smile:
Iโ€™m living in Lisbon since 2.5 years, Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll love it!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi Jenny,

Canโ€™t offer too much info on the accommodation, but if you want to get together when you arrive, ping me a message. My partner and I have been here since January and we LOVE Lisbon :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jenny_ 8yr

Will do! Thanks :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jenny_ 8yr

Thanks guys! Weโ€™ll check it out! :slight_smile: Jenny

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™ve learned that itโ€™s not uncommon for hosts to provide discounts, even on top of the monthly discount, when asked. Especially for multi-month stays. The last place I stayed I messaged two places in the same price range and with similar amenities: โ€œIโ€™m interested in booking for 3 months. Do you have any additional discounts available?โ€ One host declined, the other offered a 30% discount with no additional haggling, and my dates were during high season.

In my limited experience it seems to be more successful with people who are managing their own property and would be happy for the guaranteed income and reducing the overall hassle. I havenโ€™t had any success with professional hosts that are doing this as their full-time job and managing other peopleโ€™s property.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@reganha 8yr

With that budget youโ€™ll get something very nice easily :slightly_smiling:

Check it out:

https://www.uniplaces.com/accommodation/lisbon?move-in=2016-04-15&move-out=2016-06-14&rent-types[]=entire-property&north=38.793882266687085&east=-9.01005499236112&south=38.65749483419974&west=-9.248664609948037

There is also the โ€œlocalsโ€ facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/159234807548975/permalink/668792903259827/

Search for T1 (which is what we call an 1 bedroom apartment), and avoid listings that donโ€™t have pictures and/or say โ€œprocuroโ€ as they are from people searching, not offering. Be aware most people here are looking for 1 year rentals, so uniplaces may be your best alternative to airbnb.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where do I get good legal advice/support to have a long-term stay in Portugal?

in Lisbon , Portugal by @mzorrilla 3yr 3 years ago  | 4 comments

Hello, everyone!

My idea is to stay as low as 6 months and as long as a year (maybe, who knows) over Lisbon after doing some analysis from many cities in Europe.

I'm an Argentinian and Chilean (both nationalities) so... no Euro-pass for me (getting my Italian nationality could take 2 years easily). I'm also a remote worker and I have a really good income (I work for a Silicon Valley company) so I can show more than enough resources to stay in the country.

Everything I see online doesn't inspire me much confidence (most sites looks a bit scammy) and this is not a "vacation stay"... I want to be clear my head far away from Argentina right now. If someone has a good website, recommendations, etc I will super appreciate.

Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where do you work from in Lisbon? ๐Ÿงณโ˜•

in Lisbon , Portugal by @dominiksobe 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

Hi everyone,

I am going to move to Lisbon in July and I was wondering where you guys work from? Do you have any recommendations for working on a budget? Any good cafรจs or cheap coworking spaces?

I did some research and found some coworking spaces for > ~ 100โ‚ฌ p. month which is pretty reasonable but too much for me right now.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find Bangkok apartment rentals <$1,000/mo?

in Bangkok , Thailand by @vesko89 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey all,

i am trying to find a monthly based condo in SUKHUMVIT in BKK becaue i am staying 1-3 Months in BKK. But somehow its nearly impossible to find a nice one. Except Air BnB 1000$+ โ€ฆ

How do you find your Condos in BKK?

Greetings Vesko

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Estonia apartment site

in Estonia by @flipchan 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Hey,
In romania there is olx.ro which is like the local ebay, is there a similar site for estonia?

I want to rent an apartment for 3 months

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term (2-3 weeks) in Koลกice?

in Kosice , Slovakia by @adamnowek 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi nomads! Iโ€™m planning to head to Koลกice in May for a few weeks, both to work and to watch some hockey (the World Championships are being co-hosted in the city). Weโ€™ve tried looking into places to stay the usual ways (Airbnb, Booking.com, et al) but it looks like the city is completely sold out during the dates of the hockey tournament.

Does anyone know of any other resources for finding a place in Koลกice? Or does anyone happen to have an apartment to rent out if they want to avoid the onslaught of thousands of hockey fans? :stuck_out_tongue:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a place to rent in Canggu for short-term?

in Canggu , Indonesia by @mrtkawa 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi ,

I will be staying in Canggu for approx. 3 weeks but still I havent found the place to stay yet.
I will be arriving on 5/19 and thinking of doing house search for first few days in Canggu.

If you know any good place around Canggu for short housing I would appreciate your advice!

Its my first time being nomad worker and any suggestion would appreciate.

Thank you!

Tetsushi

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find an apartment to rent in Berlin?

in Berlin , Germany by @julianamundim 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

looking for a place to rent for 3 months in Berlin.
except for Airbnb, have you tried any other online services?
cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term apartment in Casablanca?

in Casablanca , Morocco by @arved1990 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi everyone,

i plan to work from Casablanca from mid of April to begin of June this year and were wondering if anyone knows how to find a short-term apartment or a living commune . AirBnB does not really offer much under 1000 Euro, which seems a bit high for me.

I am looking for a 1-bedroom apartment o a room close to the city centre - budget: max 500 800 Euro. Can someone help?

Thanks! Arved

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where can I buy an office chair for my apartment in Chiang Mai?

in Chiang Mai , Thailand by @anderkd 7yr 7 years ago  | 0 comments

The apartment manager suggested kaidee.com, but nothing there. Any suggestions anyone?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a good apartment in Playa del Carmen for $500/month?

in Playa del Carmen , Mexico by @rusticbohemian 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

Iโ€™m interested in renting in apartment in Playa del carmen, Mexico, for the month of March. Iโ€™d like to pay $400-600 US. Anyone know of any good ones that are within 10-15 minute walking distances of 5th avenue and the downtown Mega grocery store?

Any suggestions welcome.

-Andrew

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a 1-month apartment for rent in Medellin, Colombia?

in Medellรญn , Colombia by @levelsio 7yr 7 years ago  | 12 comments

Iโ€™m visiting Medellin this October for a month and was wondering whatโ€™s the best way to find a place there.

Iโ€™m looking at El Pabelado, but on Airbnb itโ€™s all like $1500, when I know the real rent price there for a 1br should be $600.

Anyone can recommend some locals so I wonโ€™t get scammed/overpay?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best Lisbon neighborhoods to live in?

in Lisbon , Portugal by @thefakekozy 7yr 7 years ago  | 12 comments

Hello friends :slight_smile:

Moving to Lisbon with my gf for some slow nomadism in November '16 and could really use some recommendations as to where to set up a longer term residence! I just finished about 9 months in Brasil (Portuguese is still basic, but getting better everyday) and 10 months in Australia before that. Iโ€™ve applied for the residency visa so I wonโ€™t get the boot after 90 days like most US citizens in the Schengen zone.

Looking for something somewhat trendy, with good places to eat and near public transit. Would love to keep rent under $800/month for 1bd place, but can go up to $1000. Iโ€™ve heard about Santos and Alcantara from another nomadic blog, but would appreciate any insight on favorite hoods/locations and generally getting around Lisbon.

Cheers,
Kozy

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Malta: Where to stay, how to find apartments

in Malta by @ryan.d.wardell 7yr 7 years ago  | 2 comments

Hey nomads! I just landed in Malta and Iโ€™m looking to rent a 1br apartment for a month, ideally close to a gym and supermarket.

Am I best sticking around sliema/st julians? Or st paulโ€™s bay? Or in Valletta itself?

Also, I havenโ€™t had much luck finding monthly rentals on airbnb or through simonmamo or other real estate sites - seems to be really tough finding a place for 1-3 months. Any inside tips on how to rent an apartment for a month here?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you know good gyms in Lisbon, Portugal?

in Lisbon , Portugal by @chappupi 8yr 8 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi!
I just moved to Lisbon, Portugal. Iโ€™m in the Alfama district, near Santa Apolรณnia metro.
Iโ€™d really like to find a gym which has weights and cardio machines. It looks like there are incredibly few options in Lisbon - and all extremely expensive.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the best ways to find an apartment in Barcelona?

in Barcelona , Spain by @tylertringas 8yr 8 years ago  | 15 comments

Lots of nomads in and headed to Barcelona. Letโ€™s create a central place for resources, guides and sites for finding an apartment.

Iโ€™m headed there in April for 1-3 months (argh, Schengen!). So far Craigslist and Spotahome seem useful. What else is there?

Also any thoughts on neighborhoods would be great here. Right now Iโ€™m looking at Gracia which seems to be the spot. Probably avoid Barrio Gotico and Barceloneta due to masses of tourists. Iโ€™ve heard some good things about El Bornโ€ฆ thoughts?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Renting out apartment on Airbnb while traveling

by @swechris 8yr 8 years ago  | 7 comments

What are some good strategies on taking care of Airbnb managment while on traveling mode?

//Chris

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Lisbon vs Barcelona for mid- to long-term stay: any advice?

in Lisbon , Portugal by @tvr3000 8yr 8 years ago  | 24 comments

Hi guys,

From this spring onwards Iโ€™m returning to Europe and Iโ€™m looking to either set up a home base in Lisbon or Barcelona. Any fellow nomads who can share their experiences of living in either of those cities?

Iโ€™ve only been to Barcelona and I like the vibe a lot. Major downside is the tourists (obviously).

To me it seems that both cities have good infrastructure, internet, climate (mediterranean), nightlife, culture, food, beaches (and Lisbon is good for surfing as well of course). Price wise, Lisbon is obviously a bit cheaper.

One important consideration is the public transport. Since Iโ€™m not looking to rent a car I prefer the city where I can travel on foot, bike or metro.

Based on my limited info, itโ€™s hard to pick one. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do I find short-term housing in Amsterdam?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @travelmore 8yr 8 years ago  | 4 comments

Looking on Airbnb but it is really expensive. Anyone have any other options or sites that Dutch people use? Need a place from May to July.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a short-term place to stay in Ireland?

in Ireland by @miquel 8yr 8 years ago  | 6 comments

I am hoping to spend a couple of months in Ireland and UK this summer. Does anyone have any recommendations for finding short-term rentals?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone interested in a meetup in Lisbon soon?

in Lisbon , Portugal by @flyingscottie 8yr 8 years ago  | 21 comments

Hey members who are in Lisbon! It seems like some of us are in the Slack chat group, and some are not and messages are being missed and cross posted etc.

How about we set a date and time for a DN get together?

I know that @joshadamlevy @Philippe @bisonravi @alldreamedup are hereโ€ฆ anyone else around?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
493ms