Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (647K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=6,011) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI โœจ  Applicant AI ๐Ÿ’Ž  Clarity AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are you a remote employee, freelancer or entrepreneur?

by @vincentnguyen 9yr  | 29 comments

Thereโ€™s a pretty good mix of nomads here. Itโ€™d be interesting to see if thereโ€™s a significant difference in terms of amounts of people belonging to certain camps.

Some are remote employees working for a specific company, others are freelancers who are picking up gigs here and there to fuel their travels, and the others are location independent entrepreneurs who are building businesses (however you may define it).

Which camp do you belong to? Do you belong in multiple groups? What does your past look like and were their transition periods?

I myself started out in the first group and transitioned into the third.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™m a remote employee now, and looking to become an entrepreneur.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@natalie1 8yr

I am an employee of a mental health and substance abuse counseling center with 3 outpatient centers as well as 2 detox facilities in the US. I started at the front desk almost 8 years ago in the small town where one of the offices was located and over time, as the company grew, I created my own position doing billing and other admin duties. Over the years, I split my time working remotely from home and in the office. 3 years ago, I moved to Asia. I told my job I was going to be traveling and asked if I could stop coming in the office and only work remotely. I love my job - I am a full-fledged employee with all the benefits. I loved getting my paid US holidays while living overseas! Iโ€™m back in the states now but plan on going to Ecuador next.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@pfaff90 9yr

Location indepent entrepreneur with a not-so-location-independet business. The company is based in switzerland. We run two warehouses with reallife customer contact. So after finishing my studies I just automated, virtualized and delegated what I could and then went off, working remotely. I canโ€™t handle much of the daily business, but business develompent, marketing and such stuff is more interesting anyway!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@harris 9yr

Entrepreneur. My wife has an online style magazine for moms as well as a travel blog. I have a business selling advertising, another one that helps online businesses get merchant accounts, and am re-launching my hosting company soon as well.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ruzart 9yr

Has anyone tried teleassistants.com and hourlyconsultant.com for finding freelance work?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™m an expat living in Punta Mita, Mexico. I moved to Puerto Vallarta in 2009 where I started a small digital agency with a programmer from England that I met in PV. He ended up pursuing his passion for photography, so I merged the company with an agency in the US.

We now have employees in the US, here in Mexico, as well as the Philippines. Weโ€™re actually looking for a remote SEO/SEM project manager if anyone knows someone : )

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I own an investment company and take a few consulting gigs here and there. Iโ€™m also in the process of building myself a travel & business blog that may bring in a little income at some point in the future. Everything is location independent and based in tax havens.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ride 8yr

Cool. How can I invest with you? Iโ€™m seriously asking. If I understand this correctly, these things work in the Western world like you cannot directly solicit your services, but if I ask for it, you are allowed to send me a PM with more info.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jacksan 9yr

This is such a cool websiteโ€“I came across it while reading an article about traveling and working remotely (https://medium.com/digital-nomad-stories/how-i-built-a-startup-while-traveling-to-20-countries-f0ec3a92bc3c).

I work as a recruiter for an IT company. The job is fun at times but the best part about it is that I am able to work from anywhere. Last September I went on a 40 day long trip across Japan and the West Coast (ended in Vegasโ€ฆfrom what I can remember :wink: ). It wasnโ€™t the first time I traveled and worked but it was the first time I traveled to a different country and worked. Needless to say it was a life changing experience.

Iโ€™m hoping that my company doesnโ€™t eliminate remote work jobs anytime soon, as I would like to travel again once I make some extra cash. Iโ€™ve also tooled with the idea of leaving my apt behind and going completely remote, spending a year just traveling around the world and working.

Iโ€™m just starting on this site so I havenโ€™t been able to read many stories, but itโ€™s really inspiring to see so many different people with the same passion for new experiences!

You guys ROCK! Letโ€™s reshape the world and society by living beyond borders, notions, nations and zipcodes!

CHEERS - JACKSAN

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@sarab 9yr

I am a freelancer and over the years I have built up a good base of clients. Sometimes I have to turn down work as thereโ€™s too much and not enough hours in the day, other times (rarely) I get a week with nothing to do, so I have to be proactive about taking time off, which is always hard as you donโ€™t get holiday pay.
Iโ€™m also working on my own projects but they arenโ€™t paying me anything yetโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@amy 9yr

Iโ€™m an independent contractor working full-time for an employer that lets me travel (weโ€™re a 100% remote/distributed company so thereโ€™s no home base).

Since Iโ€™m independent, I can take on other little projects or work on my own free & clear.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@shayna 9yr

Iโ€™m an entrepreneur. But I started out full-time remoteโ€ฆ

โ€ฆthen asked if I could cut back my hours to just 10/week, and the company agreed. This was supposed to be temporary until they could find a new FT person to replace me, but it ended up staying that way for four years!

That enabled me to build my own business and grow it while still having a stable quarter-time income stream. Once my own business got big enough, I left the 10 hr/week remote job - that was just a few months ago. It feels awesome to be able to dedicate all my time and creative energy to my own project :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@neilsteel 9yr

I used to be a freelancer until I found a really good client. I decided to work for him full time as a technical support staff at first, then later on as a developer. It lasted for almost four years until I had to quit due to personal reasons.

Right now, I am not sure what exactly I do, but I take freelancing gigs every now and then just to not use up all my savings.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I vote D: All of the above.

Technically Iโ€™m remote as Iโ€™m a FTE for a US based company. However, I also do freelance work when I can and I have a few startup ideas Iโ€™m bouncing around. My long-term goal is to buy a boat and live aboard which will make the FTE thing hard so eventually itโ€™ll just be the freelance and entrepreneur thing for me. But thatโ€™s a while down the road.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

The problem with living on a boat is that when you turn the engine off thereโ€™s no hot water and if you need to use electricity for the night you might end up killing your battery and then wonโ€™t wonโ€™t able to start the boat the next day. And those docking fees donโ€™t come cheap. You know about the 3 Fs of financial management, right?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

thatโ€™s what solar panels are for and, having lived on a boat, i never had a problem with draining the batteries over night. if you have, you might want to recheck your setup. docking fees, if you choose to use a dock, can be super cheap, depending on where you go. And I used to be a financial planner, so Iโ€™m comfortable with my situation.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What if you were docked in a hot place, and you wanted to turn on the AC? Can the battery handle it?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

yes. but i wouldnโ€™t be docked in a hot place so itโ€™s not applicable to me.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I met a girl in Sanya who lived on a sailboat, she wasnโ€™t the captain, so she couldnโ€™t turn on the engine. So no hot showers at night. What if it was too cold and you wanted some heat? Where is this goldilocks zone you dock at that does not require climate control? Most places Iโ€™ve been to are either too hot or too cold.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I would be the captain so I could turn on whatever I wanted. There are lots of places that arenโ€™t too hotโ€ฆ If I wanted heat, i would turn on the heater but I like to sleep cold and find that usually blankets are just fine. Iโ€™m not sure why this seems to be so confusing to you. Do you actually have any experience living on boats? Because everything youโ€™ve mentioned are non issuesโ€ฆ

Regarding too hit or too cold, maybe Iโ€™m just not as delicate as you seem to be?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

โ€œmaybe Iโ€™m just not as delicate as you seem to be?โ€ Good job, the passive aggressive is strong in you. I just think living on a boat is a lot less glamorous than it appears to be. But to each their own. If you can pull it off, then more power to you. I think youโ€™re crazy for wanting to live on a boat, and you think Iโ€™m crazy for changing hotels often.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I think it is also fair to point out that pretty much everyone on that thread thinks youโ€™re crazy, not just me. But there are lots of people here either doing or planning to do the boat thing. It is kind of tellingโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Well, considering it isnโ€™t something youโ€™ve done, Iโ€™m not sure how qualified you are to comment on it. But since you wonโ€™t be the one doing it, it really doesnโ€™t matter.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I donโ€™t need to have lived on a boat to ask about it. I read some more about it, and it looks like more trouble than itโ€™s worth it to me, but if it works for you, more power to you.

Hereโ€™s an excerpt from http://www.courtneykirchoff.com/2012/09/what-makes-a-good-liveaboard-boat/
about the power issues with living on a boat,

โ€œAt anchor, your boat will not have AC power unless youโ€™re running a generator. You can also invert your battery power to AC with the aid of an inverter, but youโ€™ll need to charge up your batteries. I have a generator for this task, and a loud one. If I get home late and need to charge the batteries, I opt to run the diesel, thus keeping it quieter for my neighbors. What Iโ€™ve found over summer, though, is how much I HATE running the generator, itโ€™s that loud. Iโ€™m a lover of all things quiet. When I have to run the generator, I try to escape the noise through various distractions, and find it difficult to get work done. Then, once the batteries are topped off, I find I try to limit the use of power, so I dontโ€™ have to run the generator again. What results? A huge loss of work productivity.
If I were to do it all again, Iโ€™d either try to dock the boat year around, and thus be connected to shore power, or invest seriously in alternative energy sources, mainly wind and solar, then get an inverter with greater watt capacity, one that doesnโ€™t have an annoying fan that runs when the wattage usage goes above 50. If you like things quiet, and like to use a computer, or watch TV from time to time, youโ€™ll want to do the same: quiet power.
Not all generators sound like a T-Rex! Honda EUs, specifically the 1000 and 2000 models, are fairly quiet, but they still hum. Itโ€™s really up to how much you can honestly tolerate. Me, not a great deal. Know thyself!โ€

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do the solar panels help with hot water problem? I would imagine, after the sun goes down, the water tanks donโ€™t stay heated for long.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

thatโ€™s why batteries store electricityโ€ฆor you plan aheadโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@voskovek 9yr

Iโ€™m a freelancer, I have a bunch of regular clients and I always get small additional projects to work on. Luckily, I always have work, I even find myself rejecting lots of new projects because I canโ€™t handle all the workload! Iโ€™ll try outsourcing this yearโ€ฆ
I became a freelancer when I realized I couldnโ€™t handle an office job, just as soon as I quit my first โ€œjobโ€ (I put up with that job for a year!). It took a lot of hard work but it was worth it!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@cee 9yr

I work ad hoc for start ups and NGOs.
It pays the bills and I donโ€™t have to worry about the risk involved when they sink.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@levelsio 9yr

Iโ€™ve always worked on my own projects and only had 1 job when I was 16 (at a callcenter selling financial advice, yes WTF). I then started a YouTube channel for electronic music, and then did a lot of startups last year and now. So Iโ€™ve always been able to sustain myself from that.

Everything I did was always do-able remote, but I never thought about that until 2 years ago. You see many people start doing this because they are โ€œescapingโ€ their old life. But I donโ€™t like that so much because I never had to escape anything, it came from positivity for me more where my work enabled this and then I thought, okay letโ€™s try it. My life was fine before. And itโ€™s fine now.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where should I set up my company as a remote worker?

by @beloruchka 4yr 4 years ago  | 7 comments

Iโ€™m looking for any recommendations for services or people others have used to get answers on the best place to set up their businesses based on their personal circumstances.

Leaning towards Singapore after a ton of research, but would really like some concrete advice before jumping in.

Appreciate it!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Bali to focus on attracting remote workers when the island reopens for tourism

by @levelsio 4yr 4 years ago  | 0 comments

When reopening for tourism, Bali says it will focus on attracting remote workers to choose the island as their workplace:

"We will focus on a new pattern of how Bali is not just for leisure, but indeed to work in Bali as well"

thebalisun.com/bali-tourism-will-target-digital-nomads-and-those-who-work-online/

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any attorneys working remotely?

by @rohitsn 4yr 4 years ago  | 3 comments

Transactional Attorney with a focus on US Immigration. Burnt out doing the law firm thing. Trying to leverage skill to get on this digital nomad tip. Love the traveling experience, hostels, seeing new places, new cocktails etc etc.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What do you use to work together remotely?

by @artofwarbiz 4yr 4 years ago  | 6 comments

What do you use to work together remotely with your team?

I know Slack, Hipchat and Hall.

Which ones do you guys use and why?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What have been your biggest challenges working remotely in your team?

by @wanderer 4yr 4 years ago  | 2 comments

My interest in DN lifestyle started when half of our company have been taking 1 month for remote work @ Ko Samui. It was truly cool but we observed quite some communication challenges. Communication seemed just โ€œriskierโ€ when online.

What were your worst situations caused by misunderstanding while communicating online with your teammates? What do you do to avoid misunderstandings?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the first step now that I can work remotely?

by @mariaplslourdes 5yr 5 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi everyone and nice to e-meet you!
finally, after so long I found a job that allows me to work remotely.
But now? Do you have any practical advice that I can use to approach this new world?
In particular, I have to put my tax situation in order, do you know a good tax advisor from whom I can ask for advice? (Iโ€™m Italian but I live in Franceโ€ฆI donโ€™t know how long it will beโ€ฆ) )
Beyond that, any advice is welcome.
Thank you!
Maria

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best way to create a company as web dev freelancer to work with French companies

by @faby 5yr 5 years ago  | 4 comments

Iโ€™m French and Iโ€™m leaving Paris and my current full time job. In a few month, Iโ€™ll move to Bali to be a fresh digital nomad in web development. I learn about the different possibilities to create my own business and I would have feedbacks. whatโ€™s the best ? Iโ€™ve an opportunity to work with my actual french company as a freelancer, remotly, on specific missions.
But I donโ€™t know If I have to create my company in France to continue working with them or maybe one in Singapour like with sleek.sg. I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s it easy to work with a french company with a singapore company. I then plan to find other missions with fewer time differences, (Australia โ€ฆ)

If someone could help me :slight_smile: thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Recommendations for UK/Scotland accountants that understand remote businesses?

by @eduardoyi 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Looking for recommendations for reliable accountants who understand how remote businesses with off-shore freelancers and clients work. Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best CRM/system for managing remote work opportunities?

by @panoramica 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Iโ€™m currently doing some work through Upwork, but itโ€™s sporadic and Iโ€™m keen to get more active on other platforms like Freelancer, Toptal, CodeMentor, Fiverr etc

Currently Iโ€™m managing leads in a Google sheet. Basically itโ€™s just a list of projects I pitched for, how much I bid, what I did differently from the last pitch/bid, how much time went by before I got a offered a job etc.

Iโ€™m not actively following up anybody, and Iโ€™ve in fact โ€˜lostโ€™ a few jobs where the client was keen, but then disappeared without a trace. I guess I need to keep in touch with those people to ensure that they remain focussed on our agreementโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m also keen to take on more small projects concurrently, without dropping the ball on any of them.

Iโ€™ve done a quick Google and turned up a few names including Salesforce, Zoho, Nutshell, HighRise, Base, Nimble, etc etc. But testing out all these products isnโ€™t all that appealing, so I thought Iโ€™d ask here first :slight_smile:

Ideally Iโ€™d like something that integrates with remote job boards in some way.

Feature list

Iโ€™ve done some research and currently have this feature list:

Proposal building & tracking

• Compile proposals from snippets - technologies, past projects
  • Quickly pull together a realistic/client friendly quote
  • Test and measure different approaches
  • Beat proposal deadlines while maintaining quality
  • Fine tune pitch material to bid more quickly and win more work โ€“ templates
  • Store history about past projects involving common needs and technological solutions
  • Learn which proposal content is working, and which is not

Lead generation and client management (CRM)

• store info about regular clients
  • track remote projects which Iโ€™ve pitched for
  • Remote Job Board integration
  • search multiple job sites for keywords
  • track projects across multiple remote platforms โ€“ API integration / message alert/response

Project Management & Scheduling

• Break projects down into granular tasks
  • Gantt chart to visualise overlapping jobs
  • Calendar to schedule daily work, deadlines, R&D
  • follow up, plan and schedule future work now, rather than once current work has dried up
  • offline reminders via a dedicated Android app
  • time tracking โ€“ to get an idea of true cost, to flag issues to client
  • BitBucket integration

Billing

• Integration with Xero
  • tracking status of payments, actual payment date vs expected payment clearance date

Marketing

• Get repeat business
  • Build Word Of Mouth
  • Proactive lead generation
  • Publish proposals as case studies

Cheers,
Dan

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is there a US bank for easily creating new business checking accounts remotely?

by @tylertringas 5yr 5 years ago  | 23 comments

Every accountant is going to tell you that you really should be keeping separate accounts for all your businesses and even projects that may one day become businesses. But in my experience setting up a new account associated with an actual business entity is a pretty annoying process involving an in-person visit to a bank branch, proof of residence in that branchโ€™s region, etc. Has anybody seen a bank that letโ€™s you easily create a simple business checking account online and more importantly that would let you add additional accounts and transfer funds between them?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Remote worker in Amsterdam: taxes and legal status?

in Amsterdam , Netherlands by @think 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Hi all,

I am moving to Amsterdam in January and looking for advice regarding legal status.

I work for a small French company. They agreed to let me move to Amsterdam as a remote worker starting January. :v:

However, they have no business entity and no employee in the Netherlands, so we have no idea how to set up the whole thing legally speaking. Should I remain an employee of the French entity, should I charge them as a consultant/contractor?

Of course, I am looking for a solution that is both simple and with minimum taxes :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you for your help!!
Steph

PS: If you can recommend a good accountant that is competent on the topic, I an happy to pay for the service too!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where can I go for remote working while surrounded by nature (ocean waves, mountain, etc)

by @nish 6yr 6 years ago  | 7 comments

I have this dream scenario in my head, and Iโ€™ve searched for a while without figuring out how I might best achieve it. I donโ€™t need many places, just one or two that I can go back to over and over again. I want to be working on my laptop while being surrounded by nature; for example a place right on the ocean where I can hear the waves crashing and look up and see them, then look back down and go back to work (but it would have to be very close by to achieve this feeling, not a distant sea view).

In itself this might not be so hard but my total list of requirements makes it difficult:

• Fast internet: at least 20Mbps down with ethernet connection possible.
  • Very close to emergency medical services: so not in the middle of nowhere, and ideally in/very close to a decent size town (I have some medical issues)
  • Not more than ยฃ70/night to stay
  • It doesnโ€™t have to be a residence: it can also be a coworking space that meets all these requirements, and I can stay somewhere else and work at this space

So far I thought of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: there seem to be some flats with a nice ocean view, although Iโ€™m not sure how close to the ocean they can get. And maybe also Valencia?

Anyway, Iโ€™m not sure if anybody else has had this kind of dream as well. But I would very much appreciate any tips for places I can check out :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does anyone plan on applying to the Vermont $10,000 remote work incentive?

by @wagmanben 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/vermont-pay-10-000-move-110056645.html

Hello All,
Saw Vermont rolled out an incentive to get more remote workers to live there, Does anyone plan on applying and If so why? Reason Iโ€™m asking is I work for an organization in Tulsa, Ok that wants to also bring in Nomads, and would love to hear your thoughts on what such a plan should look like

Any help would be Awesome!
Ben

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Teaching Music Remotely

by @barrittrebecca 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hello! Does anyone have experience teaching music remotely via Skype or another form of Video Chat?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do you manage your location independent business as a Nomad Entrepreneur?

by @vzablocky 6yr 6 years ago  | 3 comments

Iโ€™d like to invite nomad entrepreneurs in this topic to discuss what are the challenges you face in filing taxes, insurance and banking complications, while travelling and running your business remotely.

Please share your thoughts! I would be happy to help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are most digital nomads self employed or remote employees?

by @kfitzgerrell 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Summary

This text will be hidden

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Places in Central or South America with a beach for remote working

by @mcdime 6yr 6 years ago  | 5 comments

Im looking to make my first venture into nomad living this September and keep leaning back towards Bocas del Toro.

Does anyone have experience setting up shop there? Iโ€™m open to other warm weather surf towns as well

Starting a SaaS company that assists the operation of service based industries so being near some other SaaS people would be wonderful. (First time starting a tech company)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to get bank statements remotely?

by @hoperto 6yr 6 years ago  | 12 comments

Greetings!

Me & my gf holding not very strong passports, so have to apply for a visas quite often.
Soon need to make a visa applications from the countries we have no ties with.
The problem is that by the moment of making an applications, a bank statements will be outdated and the banks we currently use donโ€™t send the paper statements internationally. That cause quite a lot of problems with visa applications. (the way i see it now is to open new account in each country, transfer funds to it and wait for 3 months)

Any suggestion on probably some fin tech banking startup where one can both open the account remotely (with using a local mailbox service i suppose) and get a paper statement delivered internationally?
Hope there is a solution to it :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What problems do you face while working remotely?๐Ÿค”

by @stvbutlr 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi all,

For those of you who work remotely, I think the community would love to hear about your problems โ€ฆ I know I would.

When working remotely what problems do you face with your day to day work and/or employer(s)? โ€ฆ Please list anything and everything that comes to mind!

• Ideally, people who have overcome the problem(s) will weigh in with recommendations. :ok_hand:
  • With this information, people who wish to join the nomadic lifestyle can better prepare for the transition from โ€˜office jobโ€™ to โ€˜remote workโ€™. :airplane:๏ธ

Some topics that might trigger some inspiration for reply. :speech_balloon:

• trust from employer
  • communication
  • project management
  • payment
  • timezones
  • culture/teamwork/colleagues
  • stress/anxiety

Cheers,

Steve

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Do you have time zone issues working remotely in Asia?

by @anniestrout 6yr 6 years ago  | 1 comment

Regarding remote work in Asia/Far East, How have or could you successfully navigate the time zone and internet issue. It sounds like you really have to use a cowork space there to have adequate connection but I would be working mainly in US time zones with 12 hour difference, are there spaces open 24 hours? Is it possible to get good internet with a long term rental instead? I would need a really good connection, which itโ€™s hard to tell if exists in some places at all. Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
462ms