Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (625K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,920) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any fast internet spots in Canggu or Ubud, Bali?

in Canggu , Indonesia by @mark_nagelmann 9yr  | 5 comments

Looking for a connection I can work from, 2+mb/s would be awesome! Just leaving Seminyak, Bali and heading north to Canggu. Iโ€™m desparate for good internet so I can get some work done. Iโ€™m a programmer and need to download/upload ~200mb files on the reg. If you have any fast internet spots near Canggu or Ubud, youโ€™d be helping a nomad out!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@don_lee 9yr

Currently working everyday in Salty Volt, itโ€™s the best co-working space Iโ€™ve ever been to.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Just came the across the exact same issue, here is an answer on StackExchange with a list of resources I found on this topic.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mike2381 9yr

try http://saltyvolt.com/ coworking in canggu.
I made a map

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@kmander 9yr

Numerous. Ubud: Hubud, Atman, Kismet, Telkom Office.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@richlitt 9yr

Check out Hubud, if you havenโ€™t already. hubud.org

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

International number & internet?

by @leobassam 3yr 3 years ago  | 1 comment

Has anyone figured out a way to get setup with a virtual number and internet connection anywhere you go?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Holร  ! What's the internet / wifi situation in Sayulita ?

in Puerto Escondido , Mexico by @ambroisedebret 3yr 3 years ago  | 0 comments

After being told it's unworkable in Puerto Escondido, looking for alternatives :)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How's the internet in Oaxaca towns?

in Oaxaca , Mexico by @azurio 4yr 4 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi guys!

If youโ€™ve been to Puerto Escondido, Mazunte, Zipolite, etc, please share your experience with the internet there.

• What speeds did you get up/down? Where?

• How solid and consistent was the connection?

• How common are blackouts and loss of power?

• Any other tips, favorite places to work, etc?

Which towns have decent internet?

• Puerto Escondido
  • Mazunte
  • Zipolite

0 voters

Thanks so much!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is the Internet in Guatemala and Nicaragua?

in Nicaragua by @brendac 5yr 5 years ago  | 3 comments

Hi! I am looking to slow travel Antigua, Lake Atitlan, Managua, Granada, Ometepe and then on to Liberia area in Costa Rica. Does anyone have experience with the internet in these places? I have to do Skype consults during the week and really need reliable internet.
Thanks for any help

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where are the nomad hot spots in Central and South America?

by @jb510 5yr 5 years ago  | 106 comments

The last few years Iโ€™ve spent mostly in Asia (Thailand/Indonesia) and Europe (Spain/Italy), but I run a company in the US and need to coordinate with 10 US based employees and business partners. The time zone issues between EU/US and SEA/US are exhausting even if I love the locales.

Iโ€™d really like to try romping around the Americas for a while, but Iโ€™ve never been south of Baja California and really canโ€™t find much positive having been said about remotely working from CA/SA as a DN.

I know some hippy, surfer, artist, musician, yoga teacher types calling various locals home, but no one making a living onlineโ€ฆ more than a few people have told me itโ€™s fabulous down there until you go to Thailand/Bali and then you wonder why all those ExPats are suffering in CA/SA. Of course you only really know when you go yourself.

Iโ€™d love to see nomadlist.io get filled out with more details on Central and South American cities. It seems really sparse coverage at the moment, but maybe thatโ€™s simply because itโ€™s not good and no one stays there for long.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where are the nomad hotspots where you can scuba dive?

by @madsn_ 5yr 5 years ago  | 20 comments

Nomad-to-be here, wondering about destinations that offer a good mix of:

1. Low cost of living
  2. Decent internet
  3. Scuba diving

Phuket seems an obvious choice, but Iโ€™m hoping there are some nomad scuba divers here who can share their experiences.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Is there any good and safe coworking space with fast internet in Costa Rica?

in Costa Rica by @sven 5yr 5 years ago  | 7 comments

Everything is in the title.

Iโ€™m working on a big project so I will need fast internet (>15 mbps).
If itโ€™s close to the beach, it would be even better.

Thanks !!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Pacific islands with decent internet speed to work online

by @paxai 5yr 5 years ago  | 1 comment

Any digital nomads that have lived for an extended period of time on a pacific island? I am planning on moving with my girlfriend for a 6 month period to a pacific island, and planning to live of copywriting and some other online work.

Have been looking at islands like Samoa, Tonga, Fiji, Cook Islands ++. Main problem is that many places seem to have expensive/bad internet speeds and access.

I dontยดt need superfast internet, but it has to be good enough for me to surf, send e-mails, download pictures, update webpages and so on. Either good internet cafes or the possibility to rent appartments with internet that doesnt suck or blow our budget.

Any recommendations for the perfect pacific island for working online?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a place to rent in Canggu for short-term?

in Canggu , Indonesia by @mrtkawa 6yr 6 years ago  | 2 comments

Hi ,

I will be staying in Canggu for approx. 3 weeks but still I havent found the place to stay yet.
I will be arriving on 5/19 and thinking of doing house search for first few days in Canggu.

If you know any good place around Canggu for short housing I would appreciate your advice!

Its my first time being nomad worker and any suggestion would appreciate.

Thank you!

Tetsushi

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Internet Speed (Teaching English Online)

by @teacher 6yr 6 years ago  | 0 comments

Hi guys.

Iโ€™ll be travelling to Peru soon to volunteer and thinking to teach online in Cusco. Iโ€™m wondering what the best set-up would be for speeds high enough to teach via video-platform online. Iโ€™m open to getting a SIM Card with a data package, getting a dedicated internet provider for a private apartment or using an ethernet cable to increase speed.

Thank you,
Seda

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to find a villa in Bali?

by @juliakostreva 6yr 6 years ago  | 3 comments

My husband and I are looking for a place with nice weather, fast internet, comfortable/modern/nice housing, (hopefully walk to town/shops) and budget friendly for 2-3 months in June-July-August 2018. We are looking at Canggu, Ubud, Bali, Seminyak. I canโ€™t seem to find a good house (the entire place) for less than $1400USD on airbnb, TripAdvisor, VRBO, or Facebook groups. Can anyone recommend a realtor or agent in Bali/Canggu/Ubud that can help me find a place thatโ€™s nice? Or if itโ€™s just unrealistic- where in Southeast Asia (or surrounding) area would you recommend for that kind of nice town, fast internet, and good weather in June, July, August? Thank you!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's a good and warm place in April to surf with fast internet?

by @jakegibson 6yr 6 years ago  | 9 comments

I landed a remote job that is fully remote with only one team skype meeting a week. Iโ€™m looking to leave around March 13th and stay 1 - 3 months in each place. The first place I want somewhere that is warm with good surf. For the group video chat I need at least 5/2 down/up reliable internet. Any recommendations for a place that meets that end of March - April?

Iโ€™ve read through the forums / nomads list. Iโ€™ve already done Costa Rica and Indo and would like to try somewhere new. Currently looking at Sayuliata Mexico, Canary Islands, and Morocco though I think Iโ€™ll wait on the second two since they sound like they are better in the fall.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Am I being silly by worrying about getting Zika in Bali? ๐Ÿ˜•

by @metamas 7yr 7 years ago  | 5 comments

Bali was at the top of my short-list of places to go DM for 1-3 months until I saw it had the โ€œZykaโ€ tag on Nomad List :scream: . Iโ€™m not super read-up on the whole state of Zyka, other than occurrences of infection being on a decline (for now), but I am a worrisome enough person about such things that it has got me reconsidering. Though, it still seems to not be stopping the rate of DMs visiting Baliโ€ฆ

Is there cause for large concern here, or I am just being a nut? โ€ฆItโ€™s been known to happen pretty frequently over such things :anguished: :face_with_thermometer: :mask:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What's the best surf spots in California or South America?

in Cali , Colombia by @rynesweeney 7yr 7 years ago  | 8 comments

I am currently living in Medellin until February. I want to find some of people favorite spots for surfing and community. I have heard Nicaragua and Guatemala have many options.

Multiple one month or more stays in countries below the US (CA, SA, Caribbean as all?). Spanish isnโ€™t a problem. Safety, internet, and surf are priorities. Ive heard good things about Panama and CR but they amount of gringos currently in these places is sort of a turn off (Im a gringoโ€ฆbut that is my preference). Budget is sub $1500/month.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Ryne

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How good is internet in Cuba?

in Cuba by @vi 7yr 7 years ago  | 6 comments

Hi all,

Iโ€™m going to Cuba in October and I need internet for my work. Iโ€™m concerned with the internet connection in Cuba. Is it possible to have a descent internet connection that I can use to get the work done?

I donโ€™t need to make video calls, I just need to be able to upload my work couple of times per day. I donโ€™t need a lot of bandwidth either.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Internet speed in Arequipa/Peru and the north of Chile

in Arequipa , Peru by @danielaf 7yr 7 years ago  | 3 comments

Has anyone been to Arequipa and worked with Skype or Zoom? Iโ€™m currently in Lima and have 8 Mbps which is fine. Funnily, Nomadlist lists Lima with an average speed of 2Mbps and Arequipa with 5Mbps. Any recent experiences? Also interested in the north of Chile as Iโ€™m thinking of travelling by bus to Arica, San Pedro de Atacama and then either to Argentina or slowly down south to Patagonia.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best provider/source for high speed internet in Mcleod Ganj, India?

in India by @teacher 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Iโ€™m travelling there in the fall and video conference online for work. I need at least 10mpbs download speeds. What is available in terms of providers or cellular hot spot options? Thank you in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are digital nomad hotspots in the Caribbean?

by @sarab 7yr 7 years ago  | 6 comments

Hello fellow nomads,

Iโ€™m thinking of a shortish Caribbean jaunt, probably in September/October, so I thought Iโ€™d throw this out there for any tips you guys might have of the ideal place for a DN.

My wish list and questions:

Iโ€™d like a beach place (does not have to be an island)

Reasonably cheap, not looking to stay in a resort or anything like that, but a decent, clean room in a house or bungalow situation. Walking distance to beach, food etc. I donโ€™t want to have to get a vehicle/taxi for most things.

I need reliable wifi, either where I live (with a little work space) or easily accessible at cafรฉs etc. doesnโ€™t have to be terribly fast, just reliable.

It needs to be a safe place, especially for a female solo traveller. If I am taking my laptop around I donโ€™t want to worry about being held at gunpoint for it (as it has just happened to me in Buenos Aires)

Some of you have already mentioned Caye Crozier, which is definitely on my list, but Iโ€™d like to hear of more options, and even specific places youโ€™ve stayed that could fit the bill. Also, idea of some costs would be great.

Thanks as ever for any feedback!

Sara

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What are the nomad hotspots in Eastern Europe (outside Schengen)?

by @emondpph 7yr 7 years ago  | 43 comments

Hi everybody,

In august my Schengen tourist visa will be over. I would like to go 3 months in Eastern Europe, but it needs to be outside of the Schengen area. I would have loved to go to Budapest but because itโ€™s Schengen I canโ€™tโ€ฆ

Frankly, I donโ€™t know Eastern Europe that well. What are the best spots for Digital nomad in this region ? Also, I need a cool co-working space, I donโ€™t like working from my house.

Thanks !

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Experience with "Adobe Connect" in Bali/Ubud or Canggu?

in Canggu , Indonesia by @hg.weber_nomads 7yr 7 years ago  | 1 comment

Hello, is there anybody around with experience with โ€œAdobe Connectโ€ meetings?

We are thinking to move to Bali - Canggu or Ubud, however our business demands working with this Adobe platform. Our concern is if latency is good enough and connection stable to do the teaching job from Bali to European located Adobe Connect servers.

Thanks so much fore any hint on this.

You can test the connection quality with Adobe Connect from your location to different servers worldwide from this page - for Europe there is a UK-based server listed to test:

Thanks again!
Gunter

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
478ms