Clear search
๐ŸŒ Go nomad ๐Ÿ‘‹  Log in
General
Nomad List Frontpage ๐ŸŒ—  Dark mode โค๏ธ  Your favorites ๐Ÿš‘  Nomad insurance ๐Ÿฅ  About
Community
โค๏ธ Dating app ๐Ÿค  Friend finder ๐Ÿ’ฌ  Chat on Telegram ๐Ÿ’ˆ  Host meetup
new
๐Ÿน  Attend meetup ๐ŸŒŽ  Members map
Tools
๐Ÿœ  Explore ๐ŸŽ’  NomadGPT ๐Ÿ“ธ  Vote on photos ๐Ÿ—“  Residence calendar ๐Ÿ’ธ  FIRE calculator ๐ŸŒค  Climate finder ๐Ÿ’ฅ  Fastest growing ๐Ÿ“Š  Nomad stats
new
๐Ÿงช State of remote work new ๐Ÿ“œ  History of nomads
new
๐Ÿ•ธ  Network graph ๐Ÿ”Œ  Fastest internet ๐Ÿ†  Best place now ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random place ๐Ÿ”ฎ  Random good place
Misc
๐Ÿ“ˆ  Pageviews (625K/mo) ๐Ÿ—ณ  User rating 9.0/10 (n=5,920) ๐Ÿ›ฐ  Remote jobs โœˆ๏ธ  Best airlines ๐Ÿ—บ  Neighborhoods ๐Ÿก  Rebase ๐Ÿ  Coworkations ๐Ÿก  Interior AI ๐Ÿ“ธ  Photo AI ๐Ÿ†˜  Support
๐Ÿ‘‹ We've discontinued the forum. You can still read the posts archive but not post. To ask questions, please use the Nomad List Chat
Title
Be specific and imagine youโ€™re asking a question to another person. You can also post non-question posts of general interest

Body
Include all the information someone would need to answer your question or reply to your post
Cancel

You won't be notified by email when a reply is posted, to change your notification settings. Posts must follow the TOS: No ads, self promotion, commercial posts, surveys etc. For customer support questions, don't post here but use the feedback box in the bottom right of this page instead.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any digital nomads w/ over $10k/m revenue?

by @homakov 9yr  | 79 comments

Are there guys here with income over $10k month living more luxury-like lifestyle? I struggle to find friends with similar lifestyle who can travel anywhere and not care about the money, who can go to a nice restaurant or bar and not look at the prices.

I am not a douche bag (mostly) who only cares about the money, but the majority of people I met are trying to spend less and it kills so many opportunities to have funโ€ฆ I am not rich at all, but I hate โ€œbackpackerโ€ lifestyle and call myself a โ€œflashpackerโ€.

I used to live in Bangkok and I visit this city frequently. Now Iโ€™m in Saigon and going to Taipei in the end of Nov. Anyone wants to connect?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jacob_tr 8yr

How old are you?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

@JohnnyFD Iโ€™ve been following your journey almost from the start of your blog (since you were at around $500 per month I thinkโ€ฆ) and your posts have become a lot more promotional recently and everything looks like youโ€™re pushing something (a product, a course, a lifestyleโ€ฆ).

Just in your post above youโ€™ve put in two links to your stuff. Donโ€™t get me wrong, youโ€™ve done amazingly well for yourself and thatโ€™s awesome! I love how transparent all your posts are. But this is just some honest feedback about how Iโ€™ve perceived the change in your writing style and online presence over the recent past.

On topic though, there are many ways to get out of your comfort zone. I think as nomads most people are constantly challenging themselves anyway. This might be less true if youโ€™re based in one place and working out of there for the most part, but if youโ€™re switching locations every few months - thereโ€™s an inherent challenge anyway.

Learning a new language, cooking new things, even meeting new people all the time - are actually quite challenging.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

@flyonthewall Not sure why you felt the need to make this comment. Just be happy for the guy. Also, Iโ€™m pretty sure this change in style is a contributing factor to his success :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Itโ€™s just feedback. I used to enjoy his posts but stopped reading them for this reason, maybe he might be interested in knowing why or maybe not. I am happy for him of course :slight_smile: If you notice, I had mentioned his blog earlier in this thread as a good inspiration but that was a while ago - things have changed since then.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnyfd 8yr

Hey Fly, thanks for the mention in the earlier posts. If youโ€™ve stopped reading my blog youโ€™re missing out on a lot of good things just an FYI.

On a side note, even since I started making more money, I started meeting a lot of other nomads who also make over $10k/m and most of them donโ€™t have the time/energy/motivation or incentive to post in forums.

My advice to anyone still trying to reach six figures is not to worry about what others are doing, just know that itโ€™s 100% possible for you to get there yourself.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnyfd 8yr

What I learned from interviewing Sam Marks who is worth $20m+ is that itโ€™s actually a good thing to breakup 5 star hotels and flying business class with staying in dorms and sitting in coach once in a while.

In the podcast interview with Sam he talks about not getting too comfrotable and reseting your expectations.

So for the past 6 weeks iโ€™ve been going from staying in shared dorms to private rooms to now finally being in nice AirBnB and itโ€™s been awesome to reset and not get too comfortable.

Even though I make around $19,000 a month and really love eating at nice restaurants and flying business class, I also really love not having responsibilies and bills that add up when you start getting too comfortable.

So instead, I buy assets not liabilities and only splurge once or twice a month.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@kathrynoh 8yr

Makes sense. When you think about it, a lot of 5 star hotels are designed for business travel, the conventional kind where your boss sends you somewhere for a few days. What do those people want? Minimal local interaction and a hassle-free experience. If youโ€™re travelling like that, you want to know exactly where the toothbrush will be in the bathroom, where the dimmer switch is in the bedroom, etc. Basically the more generic the hotel is, the better.

Personally, Iโ€™d never go the other way either. Sharing a dorm is not for me, the thought of hearing someone else sleep makes me die inside :slight_smile: Still, when youโ€™re travelling because you want to travel, not because you have to, you donโ€™t need or want that level of filtering from the local life.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Just wanted to add to the discussion that no one should be apologetic about his or her earning potential. No one should be embarrassed or feel out of place if they make $10k or $100k or $1M per month, and people making <$1k per month shouldnโ€™t be discouraged if others are making more than them at the moment (remember that the majority of the billions of people in the world are living in extreme poverty). Just be grateful for what you have and keep on keeping on. Iโ€™m not sure how being a digital nomad became synonymous with the backpacking/hostel lifestyle to begin with, but there are probably a few different reasons for that.

As this community grows and matures and the โ€œyoungunsโ€ get more experience under their proverbial belts and start growing their businesses, hopefully everyone starts earning more money. Thereโ€™s definitely enough to go around for people who work on the internet. Just because youโ€™re living on a budget, doesnโ€™t mean that you canโ€™t dream big and keep earning/saving more. Just because you live outside your home country, doesnโ€™t mean you have to relegate yourself to living on a shoestring. Many people start off that way whether they are starting a career out of high school, taking an entry level corporate job out of college or leaving a job to freelance or be location-independent.

Short story: I studied abroad in college a few times and was counting pennies the entire time. I then moved back abroad after grad school and budgeted absolutely every expense down to the $4 per week I spent on gas for my 4x4. I waited tables, bar tended, taught surf lessons and worked in real estate. I hustled so that I could keep living in Costa Rica. That was over 11 years ago for me and fortunately I was able to advance my career and significantly elevate my standard of living in the process. Everyone starts somewhere. I imagine almost all of us know what itโ€™s like to be on an extreme budget, but with goal setting and hard work, your earning potential is virtually infinite (just like your creativity). Instead of marveling at people who currently earn over $10k/month, remember YOU can do it too. It should be a realistic goal for anyone who sets an intention to make that much then goes for it!

With the freedom this lifestyle offers, we are the only ones who can hold ourselves back (not a fixed salary, boss, dead end job or glass ceiling). The world is your oyster guys!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

@whereskristin Itโ€™s not that Iโ€™m apologetic. However, I like to hang out with people from different walks of life. This makes things complicated if you make a lot of money. I can empathise perfectly well with people who might be short on money, etc. But I donโ€™t want to be seen as the type of person who โ€œis richโ€ and โ€œcannot understand our problemsโ€. I would not like my friends to see me this way - I grew up middle class.

You could say that yes, itโ€™s up to them to judge you this way or another and I agree. I just prefer to leave money out of the discussion. For example, Iโ€™ve been flying business class for a while now, but I donโ€™t tell my friends about it. The only time I feel comfortable saying this is if I say itโ€™s a reward flight or something. I donโ€™t knowโ€ฆ why? I guess they already see my life as โ€œyou have no problemsโ€ (not true at allโ€ฆ!!) and if they were to figure out how much money I make, it would be much much worse.

I guess when some of your friends make $1k/month and you make 10x them, you feel like you might be treated as the โ€˜otherโ€™ if you talk about it too much. I donโ€™t need to talk about anything like that, but I also feel uncomfortable hiding it.

I just leave them to guess that Iโ€™m probably comfortable based on my lifestyle. Iโ€™m not backpacker style, but Iโ€™m not cruising 5 star resorts everyday either.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I have always had friends from allllllllll walks of life so I understand where youโ€™re coming from but my advice and tips on the situation would be the following:

1. Usually our concerns or worries about what others think or how they will perceive our success are simply of a reflection of things that we may need to take a closer look at and address in our own personal lives (as to why we feel this way). We create our own reality and something like 90% of what we worry about never occurs, but what our attention is drawn to is a good indicator of what we might need to evaluate and assess. For example, if your opinion is that someone who is rich today (and rich is a VERY subjective term) canโ€™t understand problems of the middle class, maybe think about why your belief is what it is and how it came to be. Is that true for all โ€œrichโ€ people? Then ask yourself if that is an accurate statement or just something you choose to believe for certain reasons (usually relating to childhood upbringing).

2. I would venture to say that by shrinking back or downplaying your success, you are doing a disservice to your friends, peers, acquaintances and colleagues. You are in each otherโ€™s lives for a reason, and by hiding your success from them, you are essentially robbing them of the opportunity to learn from you and realize that they too can achieve similar success. Youโ€™re not doing anyone any favors by leading them to assume youโ€™re cramped back in the last row of the plane by the bathrooms when youโ€™re really laid out in business class. Whether you are secure or insecure about that will affect how others perceive the energy youโ€™re projecting. Think of it as an opportunity to teach them and help them, should they want that.

3. Remember that we are supposed to be the product of the people we spend the most time around and that goes for all parties. A true friend will appreciate you for lifting them up. If you are surrounded by people who are actually jealous of you in reality (not imagination) and sending negative energy your way or trying to bring you down, you may want to re-evaulate those relationships or see if there is room for improvement.

4. We all know that money doesnโ€™t buy happiness, and that just because people have more money than others, definitely doesnโ€™t preclude them from having problems. All humans have life problems to deal with regardless of financial status. To believe otherwise is simply that - a belief.

Iโ€™ve been an entrepreneur for more than 10 years and my income and those of my best friends has fluctuated widely over the years. Weโ€™ve stayed in hostels together and weโ€™ve also stayed at the Peninsula. Weโ€™ve flown coach domestically and weโ€™ve flown business class transoceanic. We know we are the same people either way. Iโ€™ve let some toxic friends go for various reasons, but my best friends are my best friends regardless of whatโ€™s in our bank accounts on any given day. We are each otherโ€™s best cheerleaders no matter what, and understand that thereโ€™s enough to go around and room for all of us to be wildly successful without taking away from the otherโ€™s potential.

I hope this helps provide a different perspective from someone whoโ€™s been through it!

Cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@kathrynoh 8yr

I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s necessarily true. Mostly because earning more isnโ€™t the end game for a lot of people. You can bet there are a lot of people who earn around the $1K mark who, if their hourly rate increased, would just decrease their working hours. Thatโ€™s not a bad thing, it just means people have different goals and aspirations.

I think earnings in themselves are not that important but finding people who are passionate about the same things. If you put all your energy into work, and get a higher income because of it, you probably arenโ€™t going to relate or be inspired around a group who work mainly to fund other passions.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I agree that everyone has different goals. It would be very incorrect to assume that money is a prime motivator for everyone.

Also, most nomads understand that they can have an extremely high quality of life in a developing country for a fraction of the cost back home (in Western nations, for example). I used to live in Costa Rica on $1-2k per month and realized that people were retiring and spending $1 million on real estate just to emulate the lifestyle I already had at 20 years old. Itโ€™s all relative! I have friends who are still in Nicaragua, for example, 10-15 years later perfectly happy teaching surf lessons and cruising off the grid. To each his/her own!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mrsurr 8yr

If you every want to feel broke no matter how much you make, come join me in London for some time.

+1 on Dynamite Circle. Iโ€™m also in eCommerce Fuel. Lots of ballers to play with.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@anigupta 8yr

Interesting discussion here. It is hard to find โ€œflashpackerโ€ groups, when travelling. I am in the same bracket and I think there should be quite a few nomads whoโ€™d qualify. BTW @homakov did you delete the group you created on Facebook? Canโ€™t access it.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@levelsio 8yr

Just added this collection because of this thread:

Cities for Flashpackers

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@sethward 8yr

Have you heard of Dynamite Circle? Might be worth you joining. They have a minimum criteria and its paid for which means youโ€™ll have a better ratio of serious nomads earning some half decent income.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@tuomas 8yr

No I havenโ€™t! I will check out. Thanks Seth!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@tuomas 8yr

Here one โ€œnot looking prices nomadโ€! Down to meet same kind nomads. Anyone in LA who wants to connect? I will be in Mexico on May for two weeks and after Medellin for three weeks.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hand up. Yup, and one thing I hate is staying in hostelsโ€ฆ but then I hate NOT staying in hostels because itโ€™s isolating.

I both donโ€™t care about the money and am respectful of people who do/need to. I usually just model what others are doing (if seeking out cheap place, Iโ€™ll go with that flow). BUT, I am currently in Europe where I have no problem spending the dolla-dolla bills, lol.

In Asia, I canโ€™t imagine pinching pennies - everything is already cheap!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@laudowicz 8yr

Hahhaahahaaa yes slightly more pricey with the EUR/USD vs Asia exchange rate huh? Totally know what u mean. Currently in Hong Kong and Shenzhen for about a month. Then back to Hawaii and SF for a month. But coming to Europe for most of the summer. Thinking Germany and Italy for June/July. Where are you โ€œstationedโ€ for now? What do you love about it? What sucks? Lmk.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@adamsimms 8yr

Hey everyone, Iโ€™ll be hanging out in Europe-ish during June. Iโ€™d love to connect with someone else or a few other people especially the first week of June and go somewhere. Inbox me if youโ€™d like to plan something together.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Someone with atotally different identity posted the exact same question on facebook. Or Am I getting crazy ? :stuck_out_tongue:

You should hangout :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Ohโ€ฆ I had just private messaged people in the topic (including you @homakov) with the address of the group I had created.

Ah you mean the signal to noise ratio is better. Iโ€™ve yet to bump into one in real like just like that but perhaps I donโ€™t socialize enough :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@homakov 8yr

Horay!
I started the topic so let me start the group.
The group is here https://www.facebook.com/groups/1637524939855520/

It is true that we guys should talk about upscale activities and meetup more. If you consider yourself a flashpacker please join the group.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I think the link is broken. Can you update this? Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@ms_maire 7yr

What happened to the fb group?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What a first world problem. Why donโ€™t you create a facebook group or something like that?

Maybe name it something like โ€œUpmarket Digital Nomadsโ€ or โ€œDigital Nomads living it largeโ€ or anything else relevant? A provocative name would be fun though :smile:

Met a lot of people here in Chiang Mai who definitely are NOT on a budget. Renting apartments for much more that they are worth & more.
Same in Bali, full of people dying to spend their $$$$, Bali is trendy so people spend more easily I suppose (me included).

Iโ€™m sure the community will be growing & you guys could actually propose some pretty cool stuff to do. I mean, if you money in Southeast Asia for instance, you can do some pretty awesome activities!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

Itโ€™s easy. Watch for nomads staying in expensive cities like NYC , London, San Francisco, Tokyo,etc instead of hanging out in the cheapo places most nomads hang like SEA, Mexico, Colombia, India, etcโ€ฆ :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I would not go by that metric at all. All of those places [SEA, Colombia, India, etc.] are the types where you can spend $10 per night or $10,000 per night. They just have a lower limit that is affordable for a lot of people.

I do however think that a facebook group is a good idea because there are things โ€œupmarketโ€ nomads might be more interested in. Hmmโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@oskar 8yr

That is exactly my point. Of course cheap cities have expensive offers too, so you will find a mix of nomads in cheap countries, but only โ€œwealthy nomadsโ€ in the expensive ones. If you want to increase your odds of finding โ€œwealthy nomadsโ€ go to โ€œwealthy citiesโ€โ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@adamsimms 8yr

Iโ€™m in this income bracket and Iโ€™d love to meet others in a similar situation. Iโ€™ve been living a nomadic life for the past year, and Iโ€™ve been lucky to meet some great people during that time. However, sometimes itโ€™s hard to find someone whoโ€™d like to experience a more expensive experience and it would be great to connect with some people who arenโ€™t focused on the price tag.

Feel free to message me. :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@giovanni 8yr

Totally agree. Iโ€™m also in this income bracket and we (girlfriend & I) have the same experience. Itโ€™s hard to find people, traveling/enjoying the digital nomad lifestyle, who are not watching every cent they spend.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@adamsimms 8yr

Iโ€™ll be in Rio for two weeks the end of January!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@giovanni 8yr

Hi Adam! Iโ€™m currently in Medellin, but get in touch if you need any information about Rio!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@shruti 8yr

At least for me, I really donโ€™t agree. I find that when people find out about my income I get a very superficial kind of respect, and its much harder to talk about ideas on a more down to earth level. Theres also problems with people really only talking to you because of the money you make, etc. Iโ€™ve found this to be the case back in the western world as well.

That being said, I completely agree with carolyn. Its is nice to not have to ever really worry about prices, its nice to be able to stay in a nice hotel when youโ€™re tired of sleeping on shitty beds, and most of all its nice to have the flexibility to do experience that other backpackers have to think twice about (scuba diving, some kinds of treks, etc.)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

You donโ€™t agree with what? That people also need to see examples that show that DNs can make decent money and live full lives?

You donโ€™t need to wear your income or net worth on your sleeve. I meant that there should be more blogs like @JohnnyFD that show you donโ€™t necessarily need to be scrounging around and live from meal to meal. Thereโ€™s a lot of people deriding the DN lifestyle because when they see someone enjoying a 30 baht dinner they think thatโ€™s all you can afford. You should see redditโ€™s digital nomad subforum :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi there :wink: Iโ€™m currently in Bali (Ubud) till the end of January - and I do about $10,000 per month in revenue โ€“ but not all of that is pure profit as I do pay 3 staff members - however, I do find myself morphing into the kind of lady who doesnโ€™t look at the prices on a menu, which is niceโ€ฆ
โ€ฆ especially considering I was sleeping on couches and working at a coffee shop this time last year, lolz!

My business is online teaching on writing and practical magic, and my website is badwitch.es and carolyngraceelliott.com.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@shruti 8yr

Just FYI - youโ€™d be surprised who is making what kind of money.

For me personally, I love the backpacker lifestyle. Iโ€™ll risk $5k on my business one day, then go out for a 30 baht dinner that evening ($1) and stay in a hostel with 10 other people. Living cheap, in my opinion, is pretty fun and is a more fulfilling lifestyle :). I dont like the idea of wasting my money on myself.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I agree. There are joys to knowing how the best things in life can often cost so little. But itโ€™s important for DNs with good incomes to come forth because a lot of people assume the DN lifestyle is all about the 30 baht dinners.

There is a need now for people to know that you can be a DN and still be very successful. You may not have the โ€˜statusโ€™ that people get by being a manager or CEO at a big corporation, but you may still have a lot of money and freedom.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

As an entrepreneur, itโ€™s hard to claim a fixed income when your earning potential is infinite in both directions :wink: Whether you remote work from home or remote work from a different country, the nature of being a self-employed entrepreneur/freelancer can usually mean inconsistent income. Sometimes this works for you, and sometimes itโ€™s the other way. Iโ€™ve had hugely earning months over time and also some where I make $0 or lose money depending on the business venture, market conditions and industry climate. Itโ€™s all about living realistically and budgeting wisely to make sure that your lifestyle can survive the bumps in the road. There are always unforeseen (and foreseen - taxes for example) expenses that come up on the nomad journey. I think we could see the same pattern for entrepreneurs who work โ€œat homeโ€ in places like Silicon Valley, for instance. Businesses succeed and fail and formerly successful ones can also fail later on.

Iโ€™ve noticed that many nomads are on literally shoe string budgets and this can be a stressful way to live. Itโ€™s hard to be a paycheck to paycheck international nomad. I recommend to everyone to save up money before venturing into this lifestyle.

That being said, it can be fun to ball out when you can: fly business class, spend the day at a luxury spa, get bottle service at a famous club, stay at the Peninsula or jet over to Monaco. I know there are nomads who do this or can do this (but choose not to). My experience has been that most of the people who can live this way regularly are not in fact nomads, but ones who are traveling on a companyโ€™s dime. Business execs of multinationals usually have their travel expenses paid for by their employers so they donโ€™t care how much their hotel room or first class seat costs. That is a nice perk of the job, but I think that we would all choose our freedom over luxury any day. Iโ€™d rather work for myself with financial uncertainty than have a typical 9-5 (or 8-11) corporate job that pays for a sky club membership.

I think that nomads by our nature may be less risk averse when it comes to being a nomad, but are more frugal with money because we want to be in this for the long haul. No matter how successful I am financially at a given moment, I still spend frugally because you never know when youโ€™ll need it for a rainy day (or year) ahead. I treat myself once in a while but when you can live so well in so many places for a conservative cost of living, itโ€™s hard to justify overspending for the sake of it.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnyfd 9yr

Hey everyone, Iโ€™m really excited to share my first income report where Iโ€™m consistently hitting over $10k a month now, woop woop!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@inthaiguy 9yr

You always have to consider taxed vs. untaxed. 10k taxed in the US is like 6k of untaxed income.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnyfd 9yr

The great thing about being location independent is that Iโ€™ve been taking advantage of the foreign income exclusion which is good for up to the first $106,000 in income since Iโ€™m out of the country for more than 330 days a year =)

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Love the FEIE. We are a nomad family and weโ€™re self employed. So we pay both of us (wife and I) so weโ€™re able to exclude up to $200k+ in income from taxes. Thatโ€™s after housing deductions and utilitiesโ€ฆ etc. If you youโ€™re eligible and NOT taking advantage of the FEIE, hit yourself in the head. Hard. Haha!

In answer to the original post here, we earn over $10k a month, but weโ€™re a family with two girls (14 and 10). So we wouldnโ€™t be very good traveling friends. Ha!! But I know what you mean. Itโ€™s difficult to find families that are able to do the things we do a lot, too.

Nice problem to have though. In the grand scheme of things. Cheers from Cancun

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mule5 8yr

Not to stray off topic, but I am interested in how you avoid the SE tax?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@davidkeys 8yr

Avoid SE tax - http://ustax.bz โ€ฆStewart can walk you through setting up a legal tax structure that cuts out SE tax.

I donโ€™t believe it works for services (i.e. getting paid hourly for design work), but is fine for Amazon FBA, app sales, etc. We used him and are happy.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I agree with your philosophy. I hate to waste money, although I splurge on a great hotel from time to time, but I always feel out of place in places like Laos dragging a monogrammed suitcase since I need it to carry my suits to my next destination for โ€œworkโ€. If youโ€™re back in KL we can Nobu it up :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

hi guys,
i dont wanna be ugly and call you โ€˜rich guysโ€™, but i would be really-really interested in your opinion of my question here. if you could have a look and reply: Would you try living and working on a sailboat in Lake Balaton, Hungary?
thanks a lot.

btw me personally dont spend much during the plain weeks, i rather save, and spend later on sth bigger in one :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@courtney 9yr

Iโ€™d have to disagree with the whole wealthy nomads are disconnected. From my experience, especially regarding affiliates, they all work together and have no need to extend beyond their network as it tends to be located all over the globe and they have loose connections with others of the same wealth doing the same things. Itโ€™s still Nomading, just with a little more flexibility and cash.
Anyway, if anyoneโ€™s in Amsterdam in like June, hit me up.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hello, I am in the midst of transitioning from a government employee (stable paycheck with no freedom) to a digital nomad. While I am not expecting to be making $10K/month immediately, it is one of the eventual targets. Will definitely be checking out the links @johnnyfd shared.

Would need your advice on how to get started in making say $500/month initially? I have no idea how to do designs or web development. Have tried writing and pitching articles to websites and magazines but most have not been very successful. What would you recommend to someone who is just starting out?

Thank you for your help!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

@DoRiS83 - y, this is the same thing Iโ€™ve struggled with.
Iโ€™ve tried and invested in a LOT of programs.

Hereโ€™s what Iโ€™ve found works for me so farโ€ฆ

1. Fiverr - itโ€™s simple, quick and easy; believe me, I thought what youโ€™re probably thinking โ€œitโ€™s gonna take a LOT of $5 gigs, especially when they take 20% on top of everything else!โ€
  2. italki - no matter what language you speak, someone needs your help
  3. miscellaneous freelance (eLance, Guru, Freelancer) - you know the rest that everyone tells you; there I feel like weโ€™re competing with lots of others in the same boat for those few crumbs left over

This isnโ€™t theory. Itโ€™s my actual experience - Iโ€™ve tried affiliate marketing, network marketing, internet marketingโ€ฆ on & onโ€ฆ
No, I canโ€™t say that Iโ€™m making bundles of money but Iโ€™m starting to develop new projects that may lead to more freedom and less trading time for $$

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Iโ€™m in Bangkok and donโ€™t make nearly that much. Feel free to take me out to dinner :slight_smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnyfd 9yr

We had a Nomad Summit in Chiang Mai a few weeks ago and here are some notable people who spoke that make between $10k-$50k a month as digital nomads and are based in Chiang Mai.

Leon Jay - His talk was on building for passion vs. profit
Sean Lee - How he makes $30k a month from youtube
Natalie Jay - Wholesale and Millions in Revenue

And hereโ€™s my talk as Iโ€™ve recently joined the $10k club myself. I hope you guys enjoy it, all of the videos are free as the event was sponsored by Buffer.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@homakov 9yr

Great, especially exciting to hear about youtube profits. Money are everywhere!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnyfd 9yr

Hey Homakov, yeah it was crazy when Sean first contacted me. I was like there is no f-ing way he makes $30k from youtube, especially since I thought he only had his lifestyle channel 1 Min a Day, but in his talk he goes through how actually makes it from his online piano lessons business which makes complete sense.

The longer iโ€™m in the community and the more people I meet, I realize how money really is everywhere. Itโ€™s all about having the abundance mentality and taking action.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Agg, I need to figure out something I can give lessons onโ€ฆ lol. I do not play pianoโ€ฆ wellโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@frnco 9yr

You donโ€™t need to teach, you just need to create a system. Still, that may be too โ€œentrepreneurialโ€ to many people, and there always is a risk of failureโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I did think about thatโ€ฆ to hire peopleโ€ฆ it would probably get complicated then with 1099โ€™s and taxes, etcโ€ฆ I like to keep life simple. :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@wolffan 9yr

Hello Johnny,
the talks look really interesting but your website seems to be downโ€ฆ

Iโ€™m very surprising that the guy of โ€œ1 min dayโ€ can make $10k when his videos have 1k views :S

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@johnnyfd 9yr

Hey Wolffan, NomadSummit.com is back up so if you wanted to watch the videos in the above links theyโ€™re back live again.

By the way, hereโ€™s my latest income report, I have a few thousand in extra income as well that I didnโ€™t have time to write about so Iโ€™m just barely at $10k.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Oh cool, thanks, Iโ€™m going to check out their linksโ€ฆ I make a decent amount right now (there have been some bad, bad years thoughโ€ฆ) and hate ever being the one who canโ€™t join friends out for some fun, so I have to find ways to keep the income up. :smiley:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hi.
It depends of months, but usually I make around $10k/m.
But I donโ€™t spend all this. I save and/or reinvest.
Also I donโ€™t have big needs so I donโ€™t spend so much.
What costs me the most are airplane tickets (for 2), hotels, โ€ฆ

Also I left Thailand because despite the country is amazing, visa is an hassle (and I donโ€™t agree to pay 30kUSD for me and my wife for Elite visa, Iโ€™m a bit cheap guy, like value for money), and also so many cheap farangs (=westerns in Thailand), you canโ€™t be quiet if you tell them you make over 3kusd/monthโ€ฆ

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@homakov 9yr

I canโ€™t agree more about thai visa. We are making good money and spend it in their country and they make us do all that ugly visa hassle. No, thanks, weโ€™re leaving! Elite visa price is a joke!

what business do you have and how do you reinvest? Itโ€™s kind of hard to spend 10k every month in thai, but in the US itโ€™s easy

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Hello,
Iโ€™d like to live in the US, even if it would probably cost me all these 10k$, but no visa solution.
I have shares in a company in europe thatโ€™s how i get those approx 10k$.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Youโ€™re probably referring to profits after taxes. Revenue doesnโ€™t say much. One can have zero profit with 10k revenue because of costs and taxes.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

My business makes plenty more than that, but I donโ€™t draw a crazy salary. I donโ€™t struggle, but I donโ€™t waste either.

Because I donโ€™t need to.

Becsuse I nomad.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@homakov 9yr

I did not offer to spend more than one wants to spend. It is very stupid to spend much more once your income increases i agree. But i assume you dont stay in dorms for backpackers

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@diginomad 9yr

Most people, nomads or otherwise, wonโ€™t tell everybody that they earn a lot of money. 10k a month is considered a huge income once you get off the taxes and costs of living in your own country.

A nice % of nomads are relatively low-budget, as it as very good lifestyle (perhaps the best one?) for those that donโ€™t earn huge incomes for whatever reason.

Rich nomads are not that plenty, and they might be scattered around the globe, and most likely in cities such as Hong Kong, New York, Tokyo, Paris or that kind of places. At least, thatโ€™s where I met the few I know.

I think that the issue here is that there are not enough rich nomads, those that exist not necessarily are in touch with each other, and the world is just too big to have them all in one place. Iโ€™ve met different nomads, and almost no one was rich.

I have the feeling that the nomadism impulses end quite easily when people start making seven figures.

In our case, we make enough money to spend all year long on the road, but we prefer to get back home for 4 or 5 months to put everything in order before we depart again. To each his own, of course.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@mattlock 9yr

I make over 10Kโ€ฆ in Kyats. lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@tomhoward 9yr

Iโ€™ll think you will find people who like a to ball out a bit more in Saigon :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@jb510 9yr

I empathize with youโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve long hung out around backpackers who are mindful of nearly every dollar they spend. For example the nice group of 3 people I meet a couple weeks ago in Chiang Mai that were planning to go to Koh Tao, on a 3 day bus/boat combo trip, because it was $50 cheaper than alternatives like flying to Surat Thani or Samuiโ€ฆ Who the hell wouldnโ€™t just freaking fly and save 2 days of their life for US$50?

Anyway, I donโ€™t have an answer to finding those folks not being digital nomads on a shoe string budget, but they exist. Maybe only at a ratio of 50:1 to the budget minded folks.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Late as hell to reply.

I am one who could afford the flight, however would always pick the two days journey.

Benefit of being a Digital Nomad is experiencing the journey.

Not rushing from A to B.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@hapax 9yr

Hey Homakov, i found your post interesting. I would like to connect with you.
I experience the same problem, itโ€™s not that I splash the cash when Iโ€™m moving around, but I donโ€™t worry about the prices of drinks and meals etc. I am over the $10K bracket you mentioned.
I will be in Bali for Christmas and New year, but am free to go anywhere after that.

Look forward to hearing from you.

PS. Am also not a douchebag!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

If you wanna spend some money you can take me out next time youโ€™re in Chiang Mai :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@homakov 9yr

I woundโ€™t say $10k is a lot for USA (which is default country). Itโ€™s the internet, who cares :smile:

Chiang Mai is kind of a city where itโ€™s hard to spend a lot of money, Iโ€™ll ping you in early dec tho

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Well, Chiang Mai is like any city.

If you know where the nice places are you can sure spend a buck or two :wink:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
@homakov 9yr

I mean there are cities like HK where you can and want to spend money. Or some Isaan village like Udan Thani or Vientiane lol

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

True, but Chiang Mai is vastly underestimated. Nomadlist proves that.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Most people I know making over $10k a month donโ€™t let anyone know theyโ€™re making over $10k/pm.

If you find a good friend who you wanna chill with and they donโ€™t have the money to keep partying, help them out and cover the bill!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
Read and participate in 14,117 discussions on Nomad List

Suggested topics

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads in Arizona, US?

in Netherlands by @info132 3yr 3 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys,

After the Netherlands, the Bay Area, Colorado and being on the van life for 8 months, I am now in Sedona, AZ with a few other digital nomads. We are sharing a home here and are wondering if there are more like minded people in the area.

We do a bunch of hikes and campouts in the northern of Arizona. If you would like to connect with us, please do so :)

Val

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any digital nomads in the Islands e.g Bermuda, Barbuda, St. Kitts and Nevis?

in Antigua , Guatemala by @momo11 3yr 3 years ago  | 3 comments

Does anyone ever travel to any Islands like Bermuda, Barbados, Barbuda and St. Kitts & Nevis?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place in Portugal near cool nomads, good surf, and a great cowork spot

in Portugal by @joelnicholson 3yr 3 years ago  | 9 comments

Hi there, title says it all. Canadian nomad hoping to find the city/town in Portugal with great, consistent surfing, a solid coworking spot, and a fun group of young nomads. Please recommend!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Tax advisor for permanent nomads?

by @eljaques 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

I'm in need of a tax advisor who understands "our" typical situation. I'm all good on being legal on taxes at this point, but as I'm doing more investing and there's more compliance and KYC and such, it's getting more complicated to deal with this topic. Not living in my country of citizenship, company in another country, resident in yet another country, banking in a different country ... you know how it is, a pile of red flags.

Would be great to find a good tax advisor to sort things in a way that makes my situation as "explainable" and easily dealt with as possible. Any leads?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How to get into the digital nomad lifestyle?

in Switzerland by @filiptk 4yr 4 years ago  | 1 comment

Hi, I've got a question to anyone who had experience with the digital nomad lifestyle. I'm 24, I'm in my last year of university doing computer science, got 3 years of experience mostly doing web development.

I never liked the idea of staying in one place, getting a job and growing roots - hence the will to take the opportunity and travel the world. My main question is โ€“ how do I go about it? Are there any useful resources I could look into?

How do I go about insurance and such once I decide to move. I currently live in Switzerland and do freelance work for one company. It's not a lot, since my studies don't allow me to pick up a full time job, but it allows me to cover simple expenses.

I'd be happy to get some insight into how things work and also happy to network with anyone interested.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

What is the best online insurance for digital nomads ?

by @berberos 4yr 4 years ago  | 4 comments

Hi guys ! hope you are doing well.

I would love to get your feedback regarding the best insurance for digital nomads. i'm traveling around Asia since 1 year and for next 4 or 5 years. Would love to buy an insurance to cover especially :

- health

- laptop, phone ...

- Flights

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any nomads working on startups?

by @mattlock 4yr 4 years ago  | 33 comments

Hoping to see all the cool stuff people are working on while they live an extraordinary life.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Any Ph.D students dissertating while a digital nomad?

by @larsheather 4yr 4 years ago  | 5 comments

Anyone know of any groups or resources for Ph.D. students working on dissertation while living as a digital nomad? I know there are several virtual writing groups around, but wondered if there were any specifically for digital nomads, particularly those who are dissertating.

Thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Does international health insurance for digital nomads exist?

by @al_steffen 4yr 4 years ago  | 59 comments

Hey Nomads!

Iโ€™m looking for an international health insurance (no travel insurance) for my nomadic life. It should cover the basic services and at least be accepted in the EU (itโ€™s ok if itโ€™s not accepted in the US as Iโ€™m aware they rarely are). Nice to have: enter into a contract online. Anyone got a good experience or a recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

I dream of being a digital nomad? How do I do it?

by @programmingmark 4yr 4 years ago  | 2 comments

Hello digital nomad!

I dream of being an independent digital nomad. But it feels very elusive & unattainable with my success rate. In full disclosure, whilst I have dreamed about making money online since high school; I have not earned a single cent making money online. $0, nada, zilch!! On the contrary, I have spent a lot of time & money on books, podcasts. Even though I have spent a lot of time reading/listening to others, I do not have anything to show for it!

I have made attempts in the past to start an online business, but these fizzle out quite quickly when I do not see traction especially when the goal I have set myself is too high.

Instead of reaching for the ultimate nomadic lifestyle goal, I want to start much smaller. Really small! I am simply looking to make $50 profit per month from a new online business. Thatโ€™s it.

I need some advice from you please!

• Is $50 profit too low? How long did it take you to earn $50 profit per month?

• What is a good way of achieving this goal?

Thanks
Mark
aka the $0 online business entrepreneur

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do digital nomads pay tax?

by @rodriigovieira 4yr 4 years ago  | 19 comments

Hello everyone! Iโ€™m new here and probably this is a very newbie question, but it doesnโ€™t leave my head.

How do you, nomads, pay your taxes? I mean, if youโ€™re constantly traveling, how are you going to pay taxes for a certain country if you are going to stay there a short period of time?
Or do you return to your โ€œoriginal countryโ€ and then pay them?

By the way, this forum has very nice cool formatting features! :smile:

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Anyone know an accountant for Canadian nomads/expats?

by @noam_lightstone 4yr 4 years ago  | 16 comments

Hey guys, this was my first year as a Canadian nomad.

As far as I know of, Canadians donโ€™t pay taxes if they do not live in the country for 6 months.

But Iโ€™d like to talk to an accountant or someone who does Canadian taxes specifically for expats and nomads to get clear on the rules and for help on my return coming up.

Does anyone know someone who specializes in Canada who can help? Iโ€™ve seen plenty of US recommendations but none for us canucks.

Thanks guys!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Best place for Digital Nomad in Latin America?

by @rose_davis 4yr 4 years ago  | 7 comments

Hi!

I am planning to move to Latin America for 3-4 months (Oct-January). Iโ€™ve narrowed down 6 different places that I want to visit before committing to settling down, but Iโ€™d love to get some community input.

Here are the cities Iโ€™m considering:

• Quito, Ecuador
  • Cuenca, Ecuador
  • Medellin, Columbia
  • Cartagena, Columbia
  • Antigua, Guatemala
  • San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala

The most important things Iโ€™m looking for:

• Fast/easily accessible internet
  • Easy to meet other nomads/make friends in general
  • Safe for women
  • Some sort of spiritual community (Iโ€™m also a yoga teacher)
  • Easily walkable city

Anyone have any experience with these places and can give some insight? Iโ€™m also completely open to other recommendations.

Thanks!
Rose

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Where are the nomads in Mexico City?

in Mexico City , Mexico by @shellyfish 4yr 4 years ago  | 9 comments

I just landed as a n00b digital nomad in Mexico City, and I am wonderingโ€ฆ Where are all the international digital nomads hiding around here? I have been to several coworking spaces (Selina etc.) only to find A LOT of local Mexican workers and businesses. Donโ€™t get me wrong, that is all fine, but I was hoping to meet some international nomads! Any advice?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How do we solve housing for digital nomads?

by @levelsio 4yr 4 years ago  | 61 comments

Thereโ€™s been a lot of discussion on this recently.

Nomads usually stay in hostels, hotels and short-term apartments. But itโ€™s all not very optimal.

Iโ€™ve heard people suggest getting funding and building a network of houses you can stay at for a subscription price (e.g. Bruno Haid is working on that).

I donโ€™t want do physical stuff, so Iโ€™m thinking of building a platform around making housing better for nomads.

What are the housing problems nomads face? And how can we solve them with products/services?

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

App/tool/service for nomads to bring things from another country?

by @brmolin 5yr 5 years ago  | 4 comments

I vaguely remember hearing about such a service before, but Iโ€™m drawing a blank on the name. Basically I left my tablet on a connecting flight in Europe, right before my main flight to Thailand. They have my tablet and are willing to ship it out for me, but people have warned me thereโ€™s a big risk of it getting โ€œlost in the mailโ€ if I ship something expensive like that to Thailand.

Iโ€™m wondering if thereโ€™s a service or community, where I can find a nomad whoโ€™s in Europe/heading to Thailand soon, so I can have it shipped to them in Europe and pay them to ferry it down here for me? I met someone in Budapest a ways back who had built something for this type of use-case, but I canโ€™t remember the name of it. Any help would be appreciated!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

Are there any nomads from India?

in India by @ankitdas123 5yr 5 years ago  | 56 comments

I have seen a lot of posts from different people across the world, but not even a single post from someone in India, who has been a nomad, either living within the country or traveling to another one.

Would definitely love to hear stories from such people. We are a couple traveling as social nomads who are trying to bridge the gap between the rural and urban societies in India. We have started out very humble and do not have much resources, so looking out for help from the community.

Ankit & Rishika
Around Love and Life

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Sicily for digital nomads?

by @gaelm 5yr 5 years ago  | 15 comments

Hi all, I was looking for a cool spot in Southern Europe for winter and Iโ€™m considering Sicilyโ€ฆ Have you ever been there? If yes, how was your experience? If not, why?
thanks!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Bari, Italy for digital nomads?

in Bari , Italy by @mitch_dina 5yr 5 years ago  | 7 comments

Greetings!
Does anyone have experience in Bari, Italy please? We are thinking of going from Dubrovnik, Croatia to Bari by boat in mid-March. Has anyone taken a boat across? Is it nice or can it be choppy? (We are trying to avoid planes, to reduce our carbon footprint, so adding more surface travel.) Also, any info you might be able to offer about Bari and the surrounds? Next step will likely be trains up Italy as the Spring progresses.

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž

How is Mauritius for digital nomads?

in Mauritius by @wakkos 5yr 5 years ago  | 14 comments

Hello all,

Iโ€™m planning on spending a couple of month in Mauritius Island and even when Iโ€™ve been there for a week, never rented or worked there.

Does anyone here has tips or experience to share about Mauritius?

Cheers!

๐Ÿ‘
๐Ÿ‘Ž
โ€น โ€บ
USD โ”€ $
ยฐC
Nomad cost
โœจ To see all results
Go nomad
by @levelsio
464ms